Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 BETA V7.1

Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock S. View Post
    WHOAH, anyone else having issues? I want to update for the speed but this scares me!
    I had this issue also. I would have to repeadedly turn on and off and would randomly boot past the red logo splash screen, it would display the improper shutdown warning. Also gave me dead/hot pixels even after numerous blackshade. The new Version of 7.1.0.1 fixed the power issue from what i can tell so far but still produces the hot pixels even after blackshading numerous times, so have gone back to 7.0.4. I would suggest doing the same. The new firmware is nearly there looking forward to it dropping with the little bugs ironed out, as peaking and speek was much better :)
    Cinematographer/Content Creator Auckland
    Scarlet-W
    Instagram: @jay.hall
    www.newwavecollective.co.nz

Did anybody got reply or found a solution about SIGMA LENSES aperture control not responding ?
    IVAN FRIEDMAN

Ce qu'on te reproche, cultive-le. C'est toi Jean Cocteau

Quote Originally Posted by ivan friedman View Post
    Did anybody got reply or found a solution about SIGMA LENSES aperture control not responding ?
    I'm on the latest 7.1.01 and my Sigma, Canon and Tokina still lenses all work fine. I'm on a Gemini.
    -----------
    DP and sometimes Director
    Reel: http://builtbyugene.com/html_pages/h...iveaction.html
    Entire Portfolio: http://builtbyugene.com/index.html

Red Gemini latest 7.1.01. Not sure if this is related to firmware but two days ago on a long shoot the sound mixer was using a Tentacle Sync going into the Sync port on the Red V-Lock I/O Expander. It was causing false triggers with Record. Both starting and sometimes stopping. We took off the Tentacle and the false record triggers stopped. The other Op was on an Epic-W with older firmware, and his camera was fine with the Tentacle Sync. Anyone else run into this issue? Not a big deal as I don’t use a Lock-It box very often.
    -----------
    DP and sometimes Director
    Reel: http://builtbyugene.com/html_pages/h...iveaction.html
    Entire Portfolio: http://builtbyugene.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Sung View Post
    Red Gemini latest 7.1.01. Not sure if this is related to firmware but two days ago on a long shoot the sound mixer was using a Tentacle Sync going into the Sync port on the Red V-Lock I/O Expander. It was causing false triggers with Record. Both starting and sometimes stopping. We took off the Tentacle and the false record triggers stopped. The other Op was on an Epic-W with older firmware, and his camera was fine with the Tentacle Sync. Anyone else run into this issue? Not a big deal as I don’t use a Lock-It box very often.
    I use a DSCM2 Gemini with Tentacle Sync-E and haven't had any issues with 7.1.0.1. Are you sure the tentacle is connected to Sync and not Ctrl port?

Let my camera run for 1hr+ and never had it trigger record or anything out of the ordinary.
    Last edited by andrewhake; Yesterday at 09:58 PM.