Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 BETA V7.1

Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherwin Laranga View Post
    Loving the beta 7.1. The focus peaking is a GREAT ADDITION
    How good is the focus peaking!!!! Did a skateboard shoot on Saturday in crowded areas, really fast, run’n’gun mixing wide angle and tele and the focus peaking definitely made it easier. Thanks for that one!
    Weapon CF and Epic-W packages ready to shoot
    DSMC2 Custom Water Housings
    Reel
    L/K-rtel
    Capbreton, France
    Instagram, Twitter and Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Does this work as a work-around for those with wooden camera battery plates which stopped showing remaining time after some firmware updates ago?
    Have you not bothered to get the free board upgrade from WC?

Love the update but I feel like with updates are getting slower boot times. Hoping we would get faster for sure, makes no sense how these cameras are crazy powerful yet its taking 40-45 seconds to boot up

Quote Originally Posted by Russell M Johnston View Post
    Love the update but I feel like with updates are getting slower boot times. Hoping we would get faster for sure, makes no sense how these cameras are crazy powerful yet its taking 40-45 seconds to boot up
    Keep in mind that this is basically a camera that is a computer which is loading up personal profiles, optimal blackshading map custom to your unique body, luts, presets, key maps, etc. before it gives you the option to hit camera record and complain if all that other stuff didn't work the way you expected.

I'd rather ask a client to wait instead of telling a client on the phone a day later... you know that take XX where I thought it was amazing and we had it that for some reason the file looks off and different from the other takes.
    Samir Patel
    instagram.com/patelimages

samir-patel.com

--
    Stealth Weapon-MG and EPIC-W with some vintage Contax-Zeiss and Leica-R goodness and some Canon and Nikon modern glass just for good measure.

How would you compare the peaking function from the new FW to the usuals suspects EVF? (Zacuto, Blackmagic,...)

I'm still considering upgrading for next week's shoot. But I would love to see the release.

Thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    How would you compare the peaking function from the new FW to the usuals suspects EVF? (Zacuto, Blackmagic,...)

I'm still considering upgrading for next week's shoot. But I would love to see the release.

Thanks for your input
    Basically a Focus in Red addition to the old “Focus” overlay. Makes a world of difference if one needs to nail focus in challenging conditions. Worth the upgrade for it alone. Risked and took it for a professional shoot yesterday and had absolutely no issues. While not recommended, if you’re going to shoot something like motorsports, I would say give it a try.
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber

I will say that this beta is one of the most stable builds I've ever used from RED in my past 10 years of owning a RED. I've done two shoots now on it and have run into zero bugs. The interface speed up is a wonderful and it's nice to not have to wait for the UI to catch up with what you are doing.

I used it on a shoot yesterday, shooting Prores 4K. When I tried to to do 50fps I was told by the camera not possible. I then windowed down to 6K HD and I could do 50 fps (or so I thought). It said Varispeed and 50 fps in the monitor, but all the clips play back as 25 fps. From what I understand now, the camera only does Prores high speed in 2K.
    But did it use to give you a warning on previous builds if you chose a n unpermitted frame rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio Perez View Post
    Basically a Focus in Red addition to the old “Focus” overlay. Makes a world of difference if one needs to nail focus in challenging conditions. Worth the upgrade for it alone. Risked and took it for a professional shoot yesterday and had absolutely no issues. While not recommended, if you’re going to shoot something like motorsports, I would say give it a try.
    does this work in the HDSDI feed? Or only on RED EVF and LCD? I'm using a 3rd party EVF.

Thanks

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    does this work in the HDSDI feed? Or only on RED EVF and LCD? I'm using a 3rd party EVF.

Thanks

Pat
    It worked on the 7” touch. Havent tried on the hdi or hdmi outputs.
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber