Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 BETA V7.1

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Holy hell that's a massive update!

One suggestion:

* Changed IPP2 to be the default image pipeline (Output Tone Map: Low, Highlight Roll-off: Soft)

Should this be more Output Tone Map: Medium, Highlight Roll-off: Medium? This has been the default in the RCX world for a long time and is a closer approximation to the variou REDgammas over the years.

Any thoughts?
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Thats quite a shopping list of updates!

Thankyou team RED.

AJ

Yay, I can finally talk about how snappy the menus have been in these beta releases. Huge quality of life improvement, I've been silently anxious waiting for it to make it's way into the public's hands.

I agree with Phil, Medium/Medium seems like default, just by naming convention alone. It's not my preferred one, but it seems like the middle ground.

Samir, you'll see the notes include some things about Raven. I just installed it to my Epic-W. So not just the new unified DSMC2 brand, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    Yay, I can finally talk about how snappy the menus have been in these beta releases. Huge quality of life improvement, I've been silently anxious waiting for it to make it's way into the public's hands.

I agree with Phil, Medium/Medium seems like default, just by naming convention alone. It's not my preferred one, but it seems like the middle ground.

Samir, you'll see the notes include some things about Raven. I just installed it to my Epic-W. So not just the new unified DSMC2 brand, no.
    Thank you Aaron, excited to check out that focus peaking! looking forward to installing this over the weekend to have some fun.

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samir Patel View Post
    Wait does this not work on Weapon MG? Kind of confusing since originally the new body style (including MG) was considered DSMC2. But now looks like this is a "DSMC2" labeled beta. Or have all the cameras been merged into one firmware download now?
    Scroll down in Downloads menu: https://www.red.com/downloads/option...ternalId=16155

Really love the "User Defined Voltage Alert".. Finally I don't have to worry anymore about the third party battery being depleted completely/improper shutdown during a take. Thanks RED!
    The UI response are on steroids!!
    SCARLET-W #004760

Senior Member Christopher S Johnson's Avatar
    Is the SW not able to do 5K 4:3 and 5K 4:3 2x ANA because of the sensor size?

Can you guys make the shutter angle default? i fed up seeing 1/50 in last 10 years.I don't want to see that anymore every time i install new firmware or reset the camera. This is a film camera.
    EPIC-X DRAGON 7424

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Holy hell that's a massive update!

One suggestion:

* Changed IPP2 to be the default image pipeline (Output Tone Map: Low, Highlight Roll-off: Soft)

Should this be more Output Tone Map: Medium, Highlight Roll-off: Medium? This has been the default in the RCX world for a long time and is a closer approximation to the variou REDgammas over the years.

Any thoughts?
    To be honest, I kinda like it this way. All what we had to change was the REC709 to REC2020 since our workflow is REC2020 through out the facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemalettin Sert View Post
    Can you guys make the shutter angle default? i fed up seeing 1/50 in last 10 years.I don't want to see that anymore every time i install new firmware or reset the camera. This is a film camera.
    This is where presets come in. :)