Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Delay of Gemini Upgrades and shipping

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent G Miller Jr View Post
    I put in 2 upgrade requests the day RED opened them up for 2 Geminis. Still not a word... We have some pretty decent industry shaking films hitting theaters next year as well but at this point , I may just shoot on Arri since I don’t want to shoot them on my current REDs. I haven’t even received an update about the upgrades. Nothing. Another lost opportunity for RED to have more award winning film that say “shot on RED” for the festivals. I very much enjoy the RED eco system and the price makes it easy to pick up multiple brains but we can’t use them if we can’t get them in our hands :-)
    When was the last time you had contact? This sounds way outside of the norm.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Senior Member David J. Buchanan's Avatar
    I couldn't disagree more about FedEx, they are possibly the worst delivery service I've ever known.
    Monstro, Dragon, A7S II
    Zeiss Otus 28, 55, 85
    Corporate G&E Package
    davidjbuchanan.com | wecofilms.com

Senior Member Brent G Miller Jr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    When was the last time you had contact? This sounds way outside of the norm.
    Hey Phil, big fan :-) The last I heard from my rep was a day or two after submitting the upgrades for confirmation that I wanted to conduct the trade-in directly through RED as apposed through a third-party distributor; which I confirmed. Since then, I've been continually in and out of town as we're currently in the middle of a couple of productions but I've been keeping an eye out for an email that says our number is up in the trade-in cue. I had assumed RED was back-ordered more than they had anticipated (nothing new there) but now I'm wondering if we just got lost in the system. I've been flying into LA every other week or so (moving all of Ingenuity Films there soon) so I may just drop into a RED store to play with a Gemini in person at this point - the impulse is wearing off and several on my crew are urging me to give the Alexa Minis a chance which would be a first for me. I like to have the equipment in-hand months beforehand for testing and to minimize potential issues since we're burning $10K+ a day on set, and I've also heard cases of people sending in their brains for the Gemini upgrades and still have not heard back after weeks.
    Last edited by Brent G Miller Jr; 10-07-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    Brent Miller Jr.
    Executive Director, Ingenuity Films LLC
    www.IngenuityFilms.com

Theaters 2019. Narrated by Kevin Sorbo:
    www.BeforeTheWrath.com

From the sounds of it, if the timeline is correct, I think "somehow" you got lost in the hay there Brent. I emailed a super powered human to help you out. Likely will hear from them tomorrow.

Generally speaking the Gemini upgrades have gone pretty smoothly from the people I'm near. International occasionally endures chaos due to other variables unfortunately from my observations (this is due to a lot of recent stuff mainly UK and EU related), but much of that is outside of RED's control.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

5.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #15  
    Brent, this does not sound right so want to look into it for you. Please PM me with your email address so I can circle back with the team tomorrow and get back to you. Not hearing back from reps for weeks is not the norm.