Thread: Recommended carry-on compatible bags or backpacks for a fully assembled DSMC2 rig...

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kalbach View Post
    Who makes the top handle you are using? It looks to be low-profile enough to be able to close the bag with it still attached...
    It's just a copy of Red's Universal Handle that I bought on amazon. The brand is Rigland. I would buy Red's version in the future.

So I've been using the Atlas packs (both adventure and athlete ones). They're perfet for RED load outs and have plenty of room for the brain and accesories. You can check them out at www.atlaspacks.com. The build quality is what really sold me on them. Hands down best baclpack I've ever used. They're also very interactive with clients (especially RED owners).

Check them out.

@atlaspacks on IG

Send me a DM if you want pics

I have to second what Jimmy said above. I have an Atlas pack as well. Took it all through Costa rica with a Full RED Epic-w Kit and Mavic Pro. These bags are built like tanks! Really impressive craftsmanship.

www.DistinctVisuals.com
    Gemini #544
    Raven #1542

2017 Cinematography Reel
    REDucated - 2016

Just a quick follow up as i realized i didn't actually attach a picture of my load out with the atlas pack.

Main compartment includes the raven, 3 photo lens, 4 vlocks, nd filters, lav pack, and a sun shade. Still tones of spaces for everything else (including a laptop) throughout the rest of the pack.

Those Atlas bags look dope. Only thing I hate is putting by bag down with the traps and backside of bag touching the dirty ground. Especially when your back is sweaty! Why I enjoy F-Stop gear, they have the load in area on the backside where the straps are located. Plus have a small aluminum frame built in.
    Modest Helium Kit + Pro Primes
    -GG
    ggcinema.com

Why not rock a pelican? I use a pelican for the red (too heavy for my back) , and a bag for the lenses, batteries.
    RED DSMC2 GEMINI #011030

The Atlas pack does the load in from the backside as well (also a must have for me in any kind of sand/dirt environment.) There is a removable aluminum frame that in there too which you can take out if you wanted to reduce the total bag height.