Thread: So is it true that the Gemini produces a soft picture? Do you regret not going to 8K?

Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
    This is interesting. I own a Monstro and Epic W 8K. I currently use the Epic as my B cam. I am considering trading the Epic for a Gemini and was wondering how well it would cut with the Monstro. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Robb Fischer View Post
    This is interesting. I own a Monstro and Epic W 8K. I currently use the Epic as my B cam. I am considering trading the Epic for a Gemini and was wondering how well it would cut with the Monstro. Thoughts?
    If you use both for wides and true 4K delivery Gemini would bu quite a bit softer, but if you use Gemini for closeups and tight mids or if your target is 1080P/2K you should be totally fine.
    TOMMASO ALVISI | tommasoalvisi.com
    Weapon 6K Carbon Fiber #1605 aka qp
    instagram | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Robb Fischer View Post
    I would keep the Epic W, 8k @ s35 is really something. Not saying Gemini is bad but if you also got a Monstro helium gives more deversity as I see it.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame / VFX / Motion capture / Monstro

Quote Originally Posted by Tommaso Alvisi View Post
    If you use both for wides and true 4K delivery Gemini would bu quite a bit softer, but if you use Gemini for closeups and tight mids or if your target is 1080P/2K you should be totally fine.
    What's weird is even though Gemini is 5K is still feels really sharp btw. I have a feeling it would intercut fine.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Here are some projects i shot on a RED Gemini with SLR Magic APO Hyperprimes.

looks great