Thread: So is it true that the Gemini produces a soft picture? Do you regret not going to 8K?

Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike McEntire View Post
    Why is this thread still going? The camera is awesome. End of story. The Gemini produces soft images if you don't focus correctly like any camera.
    This thread's been dead for nearly two months now. The only thing keeping it going is Rand's endless linking of any and all videos he can scrape from the web that say Gemini, whether they're good examples of the thread topic or not. Hell, those Lexus examples are uploaded in 720p - so much for judging sharpness on those.

IPLACEX - Admision 2019

From Vimeo...

"Red Gemini 5K + Schneider Xenon's

Director Christian Copaja
    Productora Co.Page"

Why Rand?
    Mike McEntire
    Mack Dawg Productions
    Oceanside, CA

Please let this die. haha. This madness must stop.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewhake View Post
    Please let this die. haha. This madness must stop.
    HaHaHaHa Alright Andre, the last post was my last post. If this post continues now it will be by someone else.I was going to stop posting one day this week anyway, I guess today is as good a day as tomorrow.

rand

Quote Originally Posted by Mike McEntire View Post
    Why Rand?
    Mike,

There are a lot threads where we analyze the shit out of one frame from one .R3D file that was deliberately or through lack of knowledge shot in much less than Ideal conditions.Then these .R3ds are used to determine the viability of one Red cinema camera or another. Some actually seem to forget what these Red Cameras can actually do. So I chose to show as many
    Examples As I can find to show and recognize "Real World" examples of high quality work from Talented Red Cinema Camera users. I admit that this thread should have maybe gone to old thread purgatory a long time ago and this is why I'm ending posting anymore videos to it after the last one I posted above.
    Last edited by rand thompson; 01-14-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    Mike,

There are a lot threads where we analyze the shit out of one frame from one .R3D file that was deliberately or through lack of knowledge shot in much less than Ideal conditions.Then these .R3ds are used to determine the viability of one Red cinema camera or another. Some actually seem to forget what these Red Cameras can actually do. So I chose to show as many
    Examples As I can find to show and recognize "Real World" examples of high quality work from Talented Red Cinema Camera users. I admit that this thread should have maybe gone to old thread purgatory a long time ago and this is why I'm ending posting anymore videos to it after the last one I posted above.
    Copy that Rand. Appreciate your commitment for sure.
    Mike McEntire
    Mack Dawg Productions
    Oceanside, CA

Thanks Mike!

As a potential / future gemini owner I very much appreciated this thread in evaluating color and low-light performance by viewing real world scenarios and seeing how DP's utilize this platform for different client types, techniques, grades, etc. with this camera. Sometimes its nice to see real-world deliverables rather than side by side comparisons shooting resolution/color charts.

Andrew,

Here are the two sites I checked 3 to 4 times a day for new videos. Be sure to check for the most recently uploaded on each site.

rand

https://vimeo.com/search?q=Red+gemini

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=red%20gemini