Thread: Epic MX sensor not turning on.

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Epic MX sensor not turning on. 
    Now that Red is no longer supporting my camera, I am having problems. The sensor is not turning on. I am not sure if there is a bad connection. Or it overheated and something got melted or, if it is as simple as an internal connector that has become dislodged. At this point since it is out of warranty and no longer supported I am willing to poke around in it as I have nothing to lose. Any suggestions from anyone who has had a similar problem would be greatly appreciated.

I've seen a post from you with image crippling on a native monitor a couple weeks ago. Assuming this, it might be a motherboard problem. Try to search for a local service among production rentals, I've heard of some burned down Epic MX here in Kiev, and most of the times the problem was solved (fried brains, water drowned brains, lemo port failures etc). I even heard of some details swapping between Scarlet MX and Epic MX.

At last, you can get a Scarlet MX or Dragon brain for the repair time, you still have all the accessories.

Thanks Alex. Are you saying I should try to get a new motherboard or try to fix the motherboard? I'm not sure I follow.

Nope, my advice was to try to call some local rentals (cinema grade ones) and ask if there is someone who can handle repairs. Sometimes they do some service.

And if you have some projects on a rush, you may also look for a Scarlet MX brain just not to spend money on rentals while you are looking for a repair. If you don't need ANA or Slo-mo, of-course.

Yeah that's what I am doing. Thanks again.