Thread: ALEXA MINI vs GEMINI

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Šabović Adis View Post
    And if you're shooting movies - not ARRI.
    ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Gardner View Post
    Having worked with both cameras recently, the differences between the two are trivial. Until you get to low light, then the Gemini is hands down winner.

Nick

You are saying the rolloff and latitude in the highlights is the same on the Gemini as on the Alexa and the color hue remains the same regardless of over and under exposure ?
    I would like to see this. Not my experience, but always glad to be proved wrong.

You are saying the rolloff and latitude in the highlights is the same on the Gemini as on the Alexa and the color hue remains the same regardless of over and under exposure ?
    I would like to see this. Not my experience, but always glad to be proved wrong.
    I'm saying that if both cameras are used to shoot a shot worth shooting, the differences are negligible. Do they look exactly the same? no. The gemini has what appears to be nicer highlight rolloff than previous red cameras, but I haven't done any scientific tests.

Nick

yes nick, no substantial difference between the two cameras, in normal everyday conditions. Difficult, no one can distinguish, including the roll off unless you do a very specific and targeted test.
    Substantially, ALEXA has something more than Gemini in the highlights, at the same aperture about 1/2 stop ... then in the low light is less noisy and takes the advantage ... if you had to fix Gemini to the same dynamic response of ALexa, Gemini would win because of the dual ISO.
    There is no DOP that wants to see the image overexposed, but it is easier to need a camera with less noisy images in the absence of light. This happens every single day of shooting.
    In this case Gemini and Monstro are better.
    Needless to discuss color, there are people who prefer ALEXA and people who prefer RED or other brands.

Forget Burkhart, keep repeating the same things, for another without any help for anyone, I do not know how much experience he can have, I do not believe much, maybe none. But happy to deny me, if at least I saw something of yours.
    Grading Suite Davinci Resolve, Rental RED Digital camera.
    MONSTRO 8k CF #831 "BLACK PEARL"
    SCARLET-W #45 "HEIDI " , EPIC-W GEMINI # "DAFNE".
    ARRI ALEXA EV , ALEXA MINI

SITE
    www.cine5k.ch

www.rsi.ch