Thread: request for REDCINE-X bug fix - when setting IN point within clip, playhead jumps

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 request for REDCINE-X bug fix - when setting IN point within clip, playhead jumps 
    When playing back a clip, and wanting to trim it down to the desired length, I will first set an IN point using the 'I' key, then press playback, 'spacebar' or 'L' on keyboard, and finally decide on OUT point using 'O' key.

However, this issue occurs often at the first part of the process, when I press the 'I' key. The IN point is successfully set, but instead of the playhead remaining on that frame (which should now be at the beginning of the displayed clip), the playhead jumps forward an equal amount of time to the amount of time that was just trimmed. So I have to drag the playhead back to the new first frame, before playing back. This may seem like a relatively minor inconvenience, but it is a fairly often occurrence, and I can't figure out why it happens sporadically . Sometimes I think I'm playing the whole remainder of the clip, when really I'm playing back from halfway.

One more example of the problem just to be crystal clear:
    I have a 20 second clip. I find the start point I like, the IN, and set it at 5 seconds from the beginning.
    The clip should be now 15 seconds long, and playhead should be on frame 1.
    Instead, it is 15 seconds long but the playhead is 5 seconds into the clip (frame 125 on a 25fps timeline), as 5 seconds was the amount of clip trimmed.
    If I press L or spacebar, playback starts at frame 125, causing confusion. I only see 10 seconds of clip play, instead of 15.

Please fix!

YES. So annoying, and jams up the logging process (do people use Redcine-X for that anyway?) because instead of looking ahead to decide what else needs trimming, your process is interrupted by having to realize that you're warped ahead in the next clip and have to isolate the correct IN point on the playhead. Sounds trivial but adds up

Glad to hear it's not just me. Any chance I can get an acknowledgement from any of you RED developer guys that you'll look into this please?

Update: This still happens. And i'm using a different edit suite. Please see what's what?