Thread: Does anyone know the whereabouts of Jason Sinclair?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You are correct Phan.

Hard to believe that no one knows the whereabouts of this guy Jason Sinclair. He has a website: www.jasonsinclairdp.com and has posted more than 800 times as a senior member on this forum.

I just moved from Kansas City which is 45 min from Lawrence, Kansas. I'll reach out and see if anyone in that film circle knows of the guy. Very small market out there so if he's real I'd be surprised if he slipped under everyone's radar.

It's probably just a stolen identity/hacked reduser account...
    Red Epic-W Helium / Arri Alexa Mini & EV Packages.
    Zeiss Mark II Super Speeds T1.3 -- Kowa Anamorphics T2.3/2.8 -- Kowa Prominar Sphericals T2.3 -- Lomo Square Front Anamorphics T2.5 -- Cineovision Anamorphics T1.4 -- Cooke TLS S2/3 Speed Panchros T2.3 -- Lomo Standard Primes T2.3 -- Schneider 1950s Xenon T2.3 -- B&L Super Baltars T2.3 -- Zeiss Ultrascope Anamorphics T2.3
    Element-camera.com - Rentals in San Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Soderberg View Post
    It's probably just a stolen identity/hacked reduser account...
    Yes, with 800 posts I would tend to agree.

Thanks all for your support!

bump

Sorry man, that money isn't coming back. These scammers are pretty good at making people think they are legit.

There should be a bright flashing headline at the top of all sales forums that warn people about wire transfers and to always use a website like escrow.com.

Hi Tyler,
    Thanks for your reply. You may be quite right! Years ago we looked into doing escrow..and as brokers it was quite difficult. After your suggestion we took another look and it seems escrow.com should be the way to go. Fees seem reasonable and are an insurance policy to protect everyone. We will report back about going forward with escrow. com for future transactions. Re: the Jason Sinclair issue...the so called partner of Sinclair used a bank in New York City which puts it in the jurisdiction of the New York City detectives who have been helpful to many in recovering stolen assets, including money! I was told yesterday that with the info I provided they will be able to get the real identity if the scammer and track him down. What's interesting is that the identity of the Jason Sinclair who is a member of this forum seems to have been hijacked as I have talked to the "real" Jason Sinclair who is a pharmaceutical salesperson.

Thread about him on another forum: http://www.cinematography.com/index....28#entry502396
    http://IronFilm.co.nz/Sound/ (Sound Recordist based in Auckland, NZ. Happy to travel too)
    https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding