Thread: Gh5s Match to Helium

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Gh5s Match to Helium 
    So I am testing out a gh5s to intercut with my Gem and EW, does anyone have any profile settings and or conversion luts for helping match to rwg/310, I used to use one for my gh4's but it's not working as well, thanks in advance

steve
    colorroomfilms.com
    Epic-W #000592
    Gemini 5K #010961

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DiMaggio View Post
    So I am testing out a gh5s to intercut with my Gem and EW, does anyone have any profile settings and or conversion luts for helping match to rwg/310, I used to use one for my gh4's but it's not working as well, thanks in advance
    I would probably use LutCalc to make a conversion LUT to go from Vlog/VGamut to the IPP2 spaces, assuming you're using Vlog in the GH5s (it's installed in all GH5s cameras). All of those settings are available in the current version of LutCalc. That said, you're talking about two different cameras, two very different sensors, two different sensor sizes, different lenses (well, maybe not....) and different debayers. A close match would only be achievable with a lot of test material and some deeper color science work. But the "rough" match of the gamut and the log curve should get you a start.

For an even sloppier conversion (albeit readily available/free), you could try Resolve's Colour/Gamma Transform to get you in the ballpark.

But I agree with Mike; a majority of nuance will have to be done by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by M Most View Post
    I would probably use LutCalc to make a conversion LUT to go from Vlog/VGamut to the IPP2 spaces, assuming you're using Vlog in the GH5s (it's installed in all GH5s cameras). All of those settings are available in the current version of LutCalc. That said, you're talking about two different cameras, two very different sensors, two different sensor sizes, different lenses (well, maybe not....) and different debayers. A close match would only be achievable with a lot of test material and some deeper color science work. But the "rough" match of the gamut and the log curve should get you a start.
    Yeah I have shot hundreds of hours with the gh4 cinelike d into external recorder and wasvery easy for me to match, I used a lut package that I forget the name now, didn't know if there was something out the anyone used before, I shoot with a scarlet instead usually as a b cam

steve
    colorroomfilms.com
    Epic-W #000592
    Gemini 5K #010961

One of the best $100 I've ever spent.... Maybe useful for you too, and you can develop your own conversion LUT in Resolve with it as others have said:

https://amzn.to/2NL5DPt

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kanes View Post
    One of the best $100 I've ever spent.... Maybe useful for you too, and you can develop your own conversion LUT in Resolve with it as others have said:

https://amzn.to/2NL5DPt
    I got one actually, tried to use with the latest version of color finale, and in typical color finale fashion, didn't work lol

steve
    colorroomfilms.com
    Epic-W #000592
    Gemini 5K #010961