Thread: Lith Battery Group Buy

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Hey - will these charge on a Switronix charger? I have dual charger. Is the groupbuy still open? Thanks!
    SCARLET-W #4043 "Aristokat"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Reiken View Post
    Hey - will these charge on a Switronix charger? I have dual charger. Is the groupbuy still open? Thanks!
    Yes, these should indeed charge/work on your charger. Yes, we're still open!
    Weapon Helium | Scarlet-W | Fuji Cabrios: 19-90 & 85-300mm | Zeiss Otus (28mm, 55mm, 85mm) | 3-ton grip truck | Ronin | Inspire 2 | Jib | Steadicam | and more!

Adobe CC Production Premium, BlueFish 444 4k

www.azPTP.com
    - Info
    Demo material
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Kiritz View Post
    Any idea when these will ship?
    Alex, the "Red" communication batteries are in transit at the present time. They arrive in the US "in the beginning of December." As soon as they hit the US, the distributor will ship them. Please remember, they had stock of the regular/traditional V-Mounts and Gold Mounts in the sizes listed for our Group Buy. Many here asked about the communication possibilities, and they complied, but they had to order those and bring them into the country. We're very close to their arrival!
    Weapon Helium | Scarlet-W | Fuji Cabrios: 19-90 & 85-300mm | Zeiss Otus (28mm, 55mm, 85mm) | 3-ton grip truck | Ronin | Inspire 2 | Jib | Steadicam | and more!

www.azPTP.com
    - Info
    Demo material

I'm considering picking up 6x 155wh GM. What are the charge times like? (I would use them on my AB L7 quad charger, but for sake of argument on the best OEM charger)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bros View Post
    I'm considering picking up 6x 155wh GM. What are the charge times like? (I would use them on my AB L7 quad charger, but for sake of argument on the best OEM charger)
    Let's make sure we're talking about the same things here... For starters, the ONLY batteries that I know of that charge on AB chargers, besides their own batteries are those by PAG or Core SWX, in which those companies PAID for the licensing to actually charge on those particular chargers. Any ol' 'Gold mount' won't just charge on an AB charger. There is an extra pin on the chargers that makes contact with a receptor on the battery that allows for communication between AB batteries and their chargers. PAG and Core SWX have paid to license this tech so that their batteries will charge on AB chargers.

The Lith batteries, whether they are Gold or V-mount WILL NOT CHARGE on AB chargers.

As for charge times, I'm not exactly sure how long it takes, as I've never put a stop watch to it. However, in speaking with engineers from Anton Bauer, IDX, PAG, Blue Shape, BeeBob, Core SWX and DynaCore, I can say that the 'science' behind how lithium batteries charge is all the same. Technically, (from what I've been told from each of these manufactures in conversations with each) it takes 3 hours to charge a lithium battery from zero to about 80%. Then the charging process slows down and "trickles" for the final 20%, which can take a few more hours to reach 100%. What many are doing these days is going from 0% to about 70/80% as quickly as they can and then calling that a "full charge" so that one can use the battery immediately. So it's not technically 100% charged, but charged enough to be on the side of "closer" to fully charged than closer to discharged. Make sense?

I can reach out and ask if they know EXACTLY how long it takes to charge. I typically have enough batteries on hand/set that I'm not worried how long they take to charge. I do try to charge the depleted batteries as soon as possible, but I try to have enough that if I had to, I can make it through the day without worrying. I know that everyone can't practice that, so a good rule of thumb would be the scenario I've laid out above.

www.azPTP.com
    - Info
    Demo material

Hi Curt, thanks for organizing.

Pls put me down for 6x155 RED version.

+1 260 w
    +1 one position travel charger

Curt, I sent you an email last week asking for an invoice. Do you know when I will get one? Thanks!

+2 155 wh gold mount
    +1 quad gold mount charger
    +1 travel charger

Thanks!

Curt, big thanks for wrangling the group buy! Am I correct that the v-mount versions will charge just fine using the same Red charger used for RedBricks?