Thread: Lith Battery Group Buy

Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt Pair View Post
    They changed the design of them. I should get a couple to test next Tuesday to Thursday. If I like them and give them the thumbs up, then the rest will follow. (They don't have a Red camera in the factory to do the tests on the changes that were made... so I'm testing for them).

Whoa, what do you mean they changed the design? Physical design? Internals? This may affect me (my order).

Tom Van

Epic-X and Epic-W
    www.tomvan.com

Senior Member William Wilkinson's Avatar
    Recieved my 2 mini's. So compact, so nice.

Sorry for the last minute addition but put me down for 2 x 155Wh V-lock and a 2-channel V-lock charger

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Van View Post
    Whoa, what do you mean they changed the design? Physical design? Internals? This may affect me (my order).
    Hi Curt I know today is the last day so could you get back to us about this please? Thanks!!

In for:

(12) 155WH Gold Mount Batts
    (3) Quad Mount Gold Mount Chargers

Thanks!
    Rentals + Production
    Arri + RED + Canon + Sony
    Kowa + Angenieux + Atlas + Cooke + Zeiss
    CAMERAJACK.TV

Hey Curt thanks for doing this group buy. I’ll take

(5) 155w V lock batts
    (1) Quad V lock charger
    Director of Photography
    CF Monstro VV Weapon package
    Sigma Cine Primes

Quote Originally Posted by emil_h View Post
    Oh wow so depending on if you approve the prototypes they still need to either tweak them some more and send back to you for further testing or if you approve the new units they would still have to implement your suggestions and than manufacture them? Based on all of this it sounds like they won't be available till at least January, if not later? Does that sound accurate?
    This honestly came as a bit of a surprise to me. I was under the impression that the batteries, all ordered, would be here this week. I was then informed that it was a small amount, that they wanted me to test to ensure everything worked as expected, before they shipped them out to the masses. I was told there was a 'small change' to them. However, I wasn't told what that change was.

Lith still feels that we are looking at a December shipping date. I sincerely hope they're correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Van View Post
    I don't think it was a physical design change. It may be something in the electronics. That's what I'm led to believe.

From what they've shared, it appears that it is the same exact external shell. I've been told it's the same internal power cells too! They've shared some photos of them, and I'm posting them here.

I'm hoping to receive them in the next few days. I'm further hoping that my testing of them is quick and painless. My plan is to take side by side photos for you. Then I'll weigh them. (The 95s and the 155s weigh the exact same amount in my current testing). I'll then put them on a camera to see if they provide power data. Finally, I'll put a load on them, with various external equipment and time how long they run as compared to the 'current' non-Red data/communication batteries.
    Weapon Helium | Scarlet-W | Fuji Cabrios: 19-90 & 85-300mm | Zeiss Otus (28mm, 55mm, 85mm) | 3-ton grip truck | Ronin | Inspire 2 | Jib | Steadicam | and more!

Adobe CC Production Premium, BlueFish 444 4k

www.azPTP.com
    - Info
    Demo material
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by emil_h View Post
    Hi Curt I know today is the last day so could you get back to us about this please? Thanks!!
    As long as folks pay by December 7, you're still in! = )
    Weapon Helium | Scarlet-W | Fuji Cabrios: 19-90 & 85-300mm | Zeiss Otus (28mm, 55mm, 85mm) | 3-ton grip truck | Ronin | Inspire 2 | Jib | Steadicam | and more!

www.azPTP.com
    - Info
    Demo material

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Stegland View Post
    Sorry for the last minute addition but put me down for 2 x 155Wh V-lock and a 2-channel V-lock charger
    No problem! As long as you pay by Friday, they'll take your order!

Here are the instructions to place your order and pay: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...=1#post1833444

www.azPTP.com
    - Info
    Demo material

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Pair View Post
    This honestly came as a bit of a surprise to me. I was under the impression that the batteries, all ordered, would be here this week. I was then informed that it was a small amount, that they wanted me to test to ensure everything worked as expected, before they shipped them out to the masses. I was told there was a 'small change' to them. However, I wasn't told what that change was.

Lith still feels that we are looking at a December shipping date. I sincerely hope they're correct.

I don't think it was a physical design change. It may be something in the electronics. That's what I'm led to believe.

From what they've shared, it appears that it is the same exact external shell. I've been told it's the same internal power cells too! They've shared some photos of them, and I'm posting them here.

I'm hoping to receive them in the next few days. I'm further hoping that my testing of them is quick and painless. My plan is to take side by side photos for you. Then I'll weigh them. (The 95s and the 155s weigh the exact same amount in my current testing). I'll then put them on a camera to see if they provide power data. Finally, I'll put a load on them, with various external equipment and time how long they run as compared to the 'current' non-Red data/communication batteries.
    Great! Thanks for the heads up Curt. Can you find out what the cancelation/refund policy is if this ends up taking longer than a month? Also, if I place an order for these RED battery versions as well as the normal 95's will they ship at the same time or will the 95's ship immedietely since they're available?