Thread: Lith Battery Group Buy

Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    That's sounds great Curt. So if I made a payment through the link, will I get my 6 x 155 Red version with the current available stock. Or will I have to wait for the new production batch to be received?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Ryan View Post
    That's sounds great Curt. So if I made a payment through the link, will I get my 6 x 155 Red version with the current available stock. Or will I have to wait for the new production batch to be received?
    There were 8 batteries on hand with the US Distributor, plus the few that I tested. The first 8 were shipped out today. The rest will arrive soon. That batch will fulfill EVERYONE's orders!
    Weapon Helium | Scarlet-W | Fuji Cabrios: 19-90 & 85-300mm | Zeiss Otus (28mm, 55mm, 85mm) | 3-ton grip truck | Ronin | Inspire 2 | Jib | Steadicam | and more!

Adobe CC Production Premium, BlueFish 444 4k

www.azPTP.com
    - Info
    Demo material
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook

Awesome! Thanks for the update Curt!

Got my 155s(R) batteries and I am very pleased.

Very compact, long lasting, and was surprised to see that they communicate with my Scarlet-W through my Tilta V-mount I/O plate. I know that these are meant for RED; however, I assumed that data was lost through the Tilta plate because my Blueshapes that used to work with my RED I/O for some reason don't show percentage or time remaining on my Tilta I/O. Now with these Liths, I see 'BRICK' on the screen and again have access to time and percentage.

Nice work Lith! Thank you Curt for organizing the Buy!

Thats great news!

Tom Van

Epic-X and Epic-W
    www.tomvan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle R Lancaster View Post
    Got my 155s(R) batteries and I am very pleased.

Very compact, long lasting, and was surprised to see that they communicate with my Scarlet-W through my Tilta V-mount I/O plate. I know that these are meant for RED; however, I assumed that data was lost through the Tilta plate because my Blueshapes that used to work with my RED I/O for some reason don't show percentage or time remaining on my Tilta I/O. Now with these Liths, I see 'BRICK' on the screen and again have access to time and percentage.

Nice work Lith! Thank you Curt for organizing the Buy!
    I'm glad they're working for you! I have personally tried them on the V-Lock I/O Mod, a MovCam hot swap mod, and Wooden Camera, and they worked on all those! We'll add Tilta to the list!
    Weapon Helium | Scarlet-W | Fuji Cabrios: 19-90 & 85-300mm | Zeiss Otus (28mm, 55mm, 85mm) | 3-ton grip truck | Ronin | Inspire 2 | Jib | Steadicam | and more!

www.azPTP.com
    - Info
    Demo material

I wanted to give or add an update to the situation. If you ordered the 155r's... the Red Communication batteries, I believe the arrived TODAY. Shipping labels were made and I believe some went out today, and the rest should go out tomorrow, Monday (the 24th) at the latest! Everyone should have them by the end of next week.

They turned out great! I appreciate your patience on these, but I think it's what we all wanted!

If you bought some 155 Gold Mounts... a few left the factory without receiving some washers between the Gold "mushroom/tabletop" stud and the pin coming off the battery. I couldn't get my own to clip into my newer AB or Element Technica plates. If the Gold Mount plate was <10 years old, it worked, because those are a bit more "broke in..."

I found this to be quite an easy fix. I took a phillips screw driver, loosened the gold pins, but didn't remove them, and I went to a hardware store with the battery, a gold mount plate and a screwdriver in hand. The second I walked into the store, an employee said "you look like you're going to need some help!" I showed him what I had, told him what I wanted and he walked me back to the hardware section. Showed me some nylon washers first, but I said "these have to conduct energy. I'm afraid the nylon won't complete the circuit." He agreed and showed me some small little metal washers.

I removed the first gold stud and put the washer on it... I did the same with the other two... it worked great! I was able to snap the battery on and off with ease. I think each washer was $0.10. I had two batteries out of 16 that were doing that, so I bought six washers for the batteries that needed them. It was a total of $0.60, and about 15 minutes of my time. No big deal.

If you have Gold Mount batteries that aren't fitting on the plates, you may need to do the same. If you contact me, I can have the US distributor send you some washers too. Either way works... if you go to the hardware store, you could be up and running in minutes... whereas it will take a few days to get them sent to you.

One person who has contacted me about this... told me they thought by adding a washer in the chain it would lessen the strength... They're ALL supposed to have this, so it's a bit of shock to find out a dozen or so made it out of the building without them installed. They're only about 1mm in thickness, so it provides just enough space to get the battery on and off the plate. Nothing to worry about in that department!

I appreciate everyone participating! It was a great success, which opens the door to future possibilities!

Happy holidays everyone!

www.azPTP.com
    - Info
    Demo material

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Pair View Post
    I wanted to give or add an update to the situation. If you ordered the 155r's... the Red Communication batteries, I believe the arrived TODAY. Shipping labels were made and I believe some went out today, and the rest should go out tomorrow, Monday (the 24th) at the latest! Everyone should have them by the end of next week.

They turned out great! I appreciate your patience on these, but I think it's what we all wanted!
    Sounds fantastic Curt! Thanks so much for the update, and all the hard work getting this group buy put together. Looking forward to testing the batteries out!

Happy Holidays!
    "If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed" -- Stanley Kubrick

8K Weapon VV Monstro #1882 --Sus Volantes
    6K RED Epic-M

These batteries are so damn nice. Wish I ordered more.

Tom Van

Epic-X and Epic-W
    www.tomvan.com

Senior Member William Wilkinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Van View Post
    These batteries are so damn nice. Wish I ordered more.
    Agreed