Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Is Red Community decreasing?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Rook View Post
    I do miss the late night Jarred teases where we all stayed up to speculate what RED was up to next. All those conspiracy theories are fun.
    Speak for yourself, those posts gave me a heart attack :)

Kidding.

Kind of...

Yes it is... But before every bit of new posts could save you from attack and now new post just can give you one. Time passes by , any news are hard news.

Yes I remember those nights (mornings in Europe) especially those with news for DSMC2 and Epic-W. That was fun!
    But I think It's calm because of RED is busy with Hydrogen. I think that Jarred is going to start posting some teaser images very soon (DSMC3 etc)
    KAREL ŠIMŮNEK fan of RED :)

Here you go. At least we can relive the excitement of old through nostalgia :)

MadlyFX Special Effects
    Chicago, IL
    IMDb
    andy@madlyfx.com

I miss the days of those renders and super-sized sensors. I still think about that 65mm MONSTRO sensor that was on the roadmap and the RED 3D Rig.

The RU community may be hudge but the discussions got poorer.
    If you look at the treads listed on 1rst page you get a big % of FS threads.
    It’s perhaps because they aren’t many people that are new to Red ecosystem anymore?
    Or perhaps there isn’t any new technology pushed by Red that needs to be spoken about?

Very surprised that no one has mentioned the obvious... A significant number of past contributors are now posting in various RED specific, Facebook user groups. That’s where the majority of real conversations are happening. This is where one can get immediate feedback on troubleshooting problems, configuration advice, etc with an international user base that is always “up”. Also, many RED Team Members like Graeme, Jarred, Sean, Justin and more are always sharing their hard fought knowledge from color science to the latest in computer tech and everything in between.

Yeah I always wondered about the business case of RED management ditching RU in favor of FB. FrontLine has an interesting doc on FB. Pretty much confirms everything I thot . . . which is why: Fuck FB and Zuck

-Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com

I've been hooked on RED ever since I first saw their booth at NAB in 2006. Fast forward to 2008: I can't tell you how many hours I spent just staring at those renders that Andy posted. I had my eye on a 2/3" Scarlet with the mini-primes, but of course that never came to be, and I wasn't in a position to consider anything else.

Ten years later, I decided to take the plunge. I researched every aspect of what I would need and what I would be up against. These forums have been invaluable in that regard. I've looked for advice on cases, lenses, post-production, batteries, and everything in between, and I've found answers to everything right here. I just took delivery of a Gemini, and can't wait to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Benz View Post
    A significant number of past contributors are now posting in various RED specific, Facebook user groups. That’s where the majority of real conversations are happening.
    That's a bit disappointing, but it might actually get me to (gulp) create an account. Could you share what groups are active and how to find them?

Thanks!

I'm not on FB at all but looking at RED's public FB page and there are considerably more announcements
    there that are not on Reduser.

https://www.facebook.com/reddigitalcinema/

To be honest, I didn't realize the amount of recent film and TV projects shooting RED.

I can understand RED going over to a platform with as many eyeballs as FB but I do
    hope they have a little more engagement on Reduser.

I never quite dug FB with the privacy and personal data mining issues.
    Don't think people realize the deeper problems that may arise from that.

Thanks for that Frontline link Zeb. Interesting doc.