Thread: Tilta Nucleus Nano available for PreOrder $229.

Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Finally got one of these and had time to test out with the Gemini last night. It looks like the Tilta Ptap to USB cable works as expected with my motor. I am seeing 15-16v on the motor when powered from the ptap on the v-lock IO expander. It looks like the motor expects an input of 5v-18v according to Tilta so should be all good right?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewhake View Post
    so should be all good right?
    Yep, all good!
    Epic-X Dragon #8014

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherrick View Post
    Came with no instructions, there's no info on their website. I thought it was similar to Nucleus M handle (which does work perfectly fine with nano as I have tested it) with smaller footprint but maybe I'm wrong. The Micro USB is used for powering the motor so I don't think it's meant to be hard wired, although you can draw power from the handle to power the motor if you want. Wish it came with documentation or there was documentation on their website.
    Did you end up getting the handle to work Steve?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    Did you end up getting the handle to work Steve?
    No, turns out it does need to be hardwired. Had to send it back. But works perfectly fine with Nucleus M handles.
    Steve Sherrick

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherrick View Post
    No, turns out it does need to be hardwired. Had to send it back. But works perfectly fine with Nucleus M handles.
    Yeah but it has a USB port and 12v port on the handle; couldn't you just plug direct from the handle to the N motor and be off to the races? (Or did you need it to be wireless?)

I'm not digging that the M handle needs yet another set of batteries and *does not* power the motor directly. My hope was that Tilta would actually make one of the LP-E6 EZ/Pocket style handles but with a rosette on the top (ala the M handle) so that it could be mounted on either side of the camera. It should be super easy to do; they should definitely offer it...

Does anyone have the contact info for Tilta product development/suggestions?