Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: New Module Tease From Jarred - November 2018

Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher S Johnson View Post
    I mean, nothing Red does is "clear," but I thought they made it pretty clear they were moving on from those models and that they were obsolete. Or as obsolete as a Red can be... Same with all the other DSMC 2.0 cameras. I'd be very pleasantly surprised if they ever did anything else for the SW, and doubly so for the Raven.

Well, they still sell them and there is a market for them, myself being a Raven owner. I really think the best thing to do is move them up to the older 6K Dragon sensor and have that as part of the lower end DSMC 2.0 camera system.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell M Johnston View Post
    Well, they still sell them and there is a market for them, myself being a Raven owner. I really think the best thing to do is move them up to the older 6K Dragon sensor and have that as part of the lower end DSMC 2.0 camera system.
    I think this is exactly what's happening. Any day now..

As an owner of a Raven from the very beginning, I've been quite pleased with the performance I've been able to squeeze out of this little machine. Although, if RED were to offer another opportunity for Raven owners to jump onto whatever's next, I'd bite this time around. I'm stuck with the very fortunate problem of Raven just being a little too underpowered for my business these days, but swallowing the full price of Gemini or DSMC2 Helium is a bit much. Cost is only an issue in the absence of value, and RED always finds a way to deliver. I'm curious what's around the corner.
    @ajt4k

ajt4k.com

REDucated June 2012

Scarlet-X #2098
    Raven #61