Thread: Camera Loosing timebase and project settings on switch off

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Camera Loosing timebase and project settings on switch off 
    Ok so I have tried asking in similar threads about loosing clock settings etc.. But after finding information on the internal battery I followed that and successfully changed the internal coin cell and the clock is fine. My issue is the timebase and shutter reverting to default 23.98 and 1/48th and the color info being super saturated to 1.979!
    So on the other thread it has been mentioned that RED have said about leaving the camera on for 35 hours to charge an internal battery. Well the coin cell isn't rechargeable so is there another battery hidden for remembering other camera settings.. As most of my work is 25fps its a pain having to reset every time I switch the camera on.

I have tried leaving the camera powered on for a few hours to no avail!

Has anyone had this issue with loosing project settings and fixed it?? I really don't want a huge repair bill from Red as the camera is getting on a bit now! It is a DSMC1 Scarlett Dragon..

Does the date reset to January 2010?

I've had a coupe of camera do this and I sent it to RED in CA and they either fixed it for free or for about $200

Contact RED and send them a log file and I'm sure they'll take care of you.

- Jan
    ---------------------------------
    Director/DP
    Epic-Dragon "Christina"
    Cable Cam
    MŌVI M10 & PRO
    ALTA 6

www.83west.xyz
    https://vimeo.com/user486354

Hi

Ok so it's fixed! After a call to the UK service department the advice was to do a hard reset of the camera and then do a firmware update as I was a couple out of date and it fixed the problem. It appears that the software had got corrupted maybe from improper power down when batteries have occasionally gone on me or something similar. It now remembers the settings fine! Massive relief there I can tell you!