Thread: (VENOM) Sony Pictures + Marvel Studios + Brisk

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha Engel View Post
    Are you sure about this part?
    Yes 100% sure. I was the Directed + DP'd it. lol – Link in post has BTS photos and camera prep days if you'd like to confirm. Hope you enjoyed the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Perin View Post
    Gooood Job! :) How did you "light" it?

There was a slew of lighting technics in each shot. The 180 Jib shot was definitely the most difficult to set up just based on the position of camera and making sure minimal shadows occurred during the move so it was as clean as possible for Post VFX. I had a great gaffer and grip team.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Yowman View Post
    Marvel was 100% involved. I know there are plenty of layers to the Marvel family... However, I don't know all the legalities of their deal – so you may be correct "Entertainment" over "Studios" – Project was spearheaded by Sony, But trust me they were definitely involved in this process from start to finish.
    What I was pointing out is that Marvel Studios is a very specific entity that controls all "MCU" properties (or which "Venom" is not, at least at this point in time). It's a rather complicated corporate structure over at Marvel/Disney, but when one uses the term "Marvel Studios," one is talking about an entity that is separate and distinct from Marvel Entertainment. They might seem the same to civilians, but to those of us in the industry that deal with Marvel Studios - and to Marvel Studios themselves - it's a very separate (and separately run) operation, and should not be referred to in an "industry forum" regarding a property it is not involved with. At least at the moment....

Never the less, it's all good. I just like for things to be accurate here. Not trying to degrade what you did in any way. Just wanted to let it be known that "Marvel" is not a generic term unless you're talking about the comics. Marvel Studios is not under Marvel Entertainment. It is a directly owned subsidiary of Disney. So is Marvel Entertainment, but they are run separately. Marvel Entertainment is run by Isaac Perlmutter. Marvel Studios is run by Kevin Feige.

As I said, it's complicated....

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Morrison View Post
    Good looking spot!
    Thanks man ;)

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by M Most View Post
    What I was pointing out is that Marvel Studios is a very specific entity that controls all "MCU" properties (or which "Venom" is not, at least at this point in time). It's a rather complicated corporate structure over at Marvel/Disney, but when one uses the term "Marvel Studios," one is talking about an entity that is separate and distinct from Marvel Entertainment. They might seem the same to civilians, but to those of us in the industry that deal with Marvel Studios - and to Marvel Studios themselves - it's a very separate (and separately run) operation, and should not be referred to in an "industry forum" regarding a property it is not involved with. At least at the moment....

Never the less, it's all good. I just like for things to be accurate here. Not trying to degrade what you did in any way. Just wanted to let it be known that "Marvel" is not a generic term unless you're talking about the comics. Marvel Studios is not under Marvel Entertainment. It is a directly owned subsidiary of Disney. So is Marvel Entertainment, but they are run separately. Marvel Entertainment is run by Isaac Perlmutter. Marvel Studios is run by Kevin Feige.

As I said, it's complicated....
    Thx for the details! Seems like your highly knowledgable of the Marvel history and all of its subsidiaries so hope you enjoyed the spot.

I shot everything @ 8K on Epic-W. Used Canon Cine Prime Lens Set, Compression Ratio was 4:1 with IPP2 Pipeline

Quote Originally Posted by Misha Engel View Post
    Are you sure about this part?

Yes 100% sure. I was the Directed + DP'd it. lol – Link in post has BTS photos and camera prep days if you'd like to confirm. Hope you enjoyed the spot.

I think you misunderstood what Misha was trying to say. What he meant was "If you used the Epic-W for this shoot as you stated, the camera did not have the capability to capture 8K @ 4:1 compression ratio".

Here, take a look at camera specs for Epic-W (using red color 480 Gb & 960 Gb mags)"

REDCODE® Settings
    (Range from 2:1 up to 22:1)

6:1 REDCODE for 8K Full Format (8192 x 4320) at 24 fps
    7:1 REDCODE for 8K Full Format (8192 x 4320) at 30 fps
    2:1 REDCODE for 4K Full Format (4096 x 2160) at 24 fps
    4:1 REDCODE for 4K Full Format (4096 x 2160) at 60 fps

(source: 955-0138_v6.4 Rev-A RED PS, WEAPON-EPIC-W Operation Guide)

Not a big deal. It might have been a typo.

Anyways, good work. Keep it up.