Thread: colorfool friday - fool apps are available with 30% off ...

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John M Taylor View Post
    Having 2 or 3 different lengths of cables would be convenient.
    Hi John, let me know which cable lengths would work for you...
    planning on making 1 short main cable (USB-C + power in for device to CTRL lemo port) + extensions (CTRL lemo female / lemo male) for crane and other remote work... several of those extension could be added if needed.
    was thinking 2 meter (6 feet) for main cable and 10 meters (30 feet) maybe for extensions to keep it simple on inventory ... would that be good for everyone or would other lengths be essential ?

and feel free to get in touch to troubleshoot iOS disconnect issues. first suggestion is to try turning off cellular network if you're on iPhone...
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish twitter vimeo facebook instagram

Hi Mikael,

2 m and 10 m, USB-C to Lemo, would be perfect lengths for use as you mentioned. I look forward to using them. Thank you.

Regards, John

Mikael....This is great news! And changes everything!
    Michael Lindsay

my studio Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Lubtchansky View Post
    Hi John, let me know which cable lengths would work for you...
    planning on making 1 short main cable (USB-C + power in for device to CTRL lemo port) + extensions (CTRL lemo female / lemo male) for crane and other remote work... several of those extension could be added if needed.
    was thinking 2 meter (6 feet) for main cable and 10 meters (30 feet) maybe for extensions to keep it simple on inventory ... would that be good for everyone or would other lengths be essential ?
    Mikael, not sure I missed something. But what can the wired solution do that the wireless cannot? The whole concept and coolness of foolcontrol is being able to control your camera WIRELESSLY via your smartphone or MAC, isn't it? I am confused. Sorry.

Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thai Christen View Post
    Mikael, not sure I missed something. But what can the wired solution do that the wireless cannot? The whole concept and coolness of foolcontrol is being able to control your camera WIRELESSLY via your smartphone or MAC, isn't it? I am confused. Sorry.
    Underwater, Helicopter, crane, russian arm, multicam/VR/360 rigs, gimbal, places where wifi is not always possible like hospitals, space station... and generally wherever you can be wired and want to avoid any potential wifi issue... obviously not very practical for drone use tho ;-)
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish twitter vimeo facebook instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Lubtchansky View Post
    Underwater, Helicopter, crane, russian arm, multicam/VR/360 rigs, gimbal, places where wifi is not always possible like hospitals, space station... and generally wherever you can be wired and want to avoid any potential wifi issue... obviously not very practical for drone use tho ;-)
    Ah gotya. Silly me, forgot about those special situations :-) Although, is it not possible via wifi for russianarms, crane and gimbal? Should be doable, not? On my drone it works up to 50m.

But yeah, a 300m cable for drone would be nice. Also if I loose sight of the drone, I can pull the cable and get it back LOL
    BTW, actually there was a guy who powered his drone via cable (live broadcast). But then you are very limited in terms of maneuvers you can do.