Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Announcing the RED DSMC2 PRODUCTION MODULE

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Borja View Post
    Love this but it misses the mark for lightweight set-ups. You guys cooking up anything for the solo ops? single xlr with a single row of ports... :)
    Troll much?

Cheers - #19

Super cool!! I love working on the Redvolt Expander, but would love to swap it out for something more compact and without that big square hole on one side I can't use :)

FWIW, I've been really happy with the preamps on the Redvolt Expander for shooting interviews.

+1 for interest in a Revolt Expander upgrade program!! Thanks for this I think it'll be a big plus for my cameras.

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Jarosz View Post
    Basically anything I can post on the Alexa facebook groups to make them jealous.
    LOL... Don't be too cruel, though - they have a lot to be jealous of already. ;-)
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | Martini Ultra (blog)

Small xlr audio module please

aes audio?
    Chad Lancaster
    ICON Motion Pictures

The Southwest
    www.thesouthwestfilm.com
    www.fb.com/thesouthwestfilm
    Instagram: https://goo.gl/6cElQF

6. #36 Expander Upgrade question 
    I am a present user of the original Revolt Expander and I am not sure I am convinced it would be worth upgrading? First difference is no Redvolt battery which does allow a smaller footprint and lighter weight but then the camera looses the ability to change Vlock batteries without turning the camera off and on. Shutdown and Reboot on my Monstro is a minute and a half. I need that puffer battery. An independent extra SDI spigot is awesome BUT at the expense of sacrificing either my EVF or 7" touch Monitor makes it too high a price to pay. The built in VLock battery plate is good but of course I already own a VLock battery module. Is there a compelling arguement for Revolt Expander owners I am missing?
    Tom Gleeson

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gleeson View Post
    I am a present user of the original Revolt Expander and I am not sure I am convinced it would be worth upgrading? First difference is no Redvolt battery which does allow a smaller footprint and lighter weight but then the camera looses the ability to change Vlock batteries without turning the camera off and on. Shutdown and Reboot on my Monstro is a minute and a half. I need that puffer battery. An independent extra SDI spigot is awesome BUT at the expense of sacrificing either my EVF or 7" touch Monitor makes it too high a price to pay. The built in VLock battery plate is good but of course I already own a VLock battery module. Is there a compelling arguement for Revolt Expander owners I am missing?
    quite simply, no. There are a few small differences and improvements but you understand exactly what the expander was made for. And you use it like it should be.

A lot of people wanted something smaller and ligther is #1 but also because they didn't need or want the hot power swap and they ended up just stuffing weird things in that hole in the side of the camera where the REDVOLT goes.

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian F Kobylarz View Post
    I would like to hear about the pre-amps too.

Has there been any testing to determine WiFi performance (thinking FoolControl) with the added metal and no antenna jumper?

So are you saying that I cannot run both an EVF and Touchscreen at the same time?
    Right now, using the WC Top Plate to accomplish this.
    Spoiled by being able to use both simultaneously.

Using the TS for setup and client ots or ca monitor on a Noga/CineLock while I use the EVF for concentration...

From examining the picture, should I have any concerns that the LEMO Power Outs might end up impacting an installed side handle?

First, I guess this means my AB ET Battery plate goes away.
    I’ll miss the dragon scales.

How I wish the AB version was out of the gate this year…

Finally, to remove any confusion, if you are using the package listed above (with new top plate & handle), the Teradek DSMC2 module is in or out?
    Brian, some good questions.

Pre-amps - Yes, same specs as REDVOLT Expander.

Wifi - Same solid performance as when the shorter RED top plate is installed. Extra metal does not degrade performance.

Monitor feeds - You can still run the EVF and touch LCD at same time. You can run the MON-1 port and touch LCD at same time. You cannot run EVF and MON-1 port at same time.

Lemo and Side Handle interference - You get clearance with the straight Lemo cables from those ports. Right angle connectors have even more clearance.

Teradek Bolt - The antennae of the Bolt do not work work with the Production Top Plate. Plus, the Bolt will take the feed that the EVF / MON-1 port uses.

Does it do 4k out?
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    and they ended up just stuffing weird things in that hole in the side of the camera where the REDVOLT goes.
    Ewok Cubby :)

Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon