Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Announcing the RED DSMC2 PRODUCTION MODULE

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    Not going to dive deeply into this, but, obviously, there are a lot factors on coverage, and Mikael outlines them as part of his foolcontrol FAQs. I give you that "solid" is a relative term, fine, but the intent of my post was to indicate that our PRODUCTION TOP PLATE gives the equivalent wifi performance as our standard TOP PLATE - which was the question asked by the poster. And, note, our TOP PLATE exceeds the range of other RED-compatible top plates we have tested, sometimes by 4x.

If you would like to continue the conversation over PM, happy to, as I don't want to put this thread down a rabbit hole : )
    I love that DSMC2 cameras are so easy to control remotely.. the latest firmware is rock solid on Movi Pro's built-in RCP control.. and RT Motion Latitude is pretty awesome. It's a big selling point for the system when compared to some others out there. Man, it was so frustrating trying to map LANC to flight radio switches and all the other garbage we had to do before I discovered RCP! Wifi built into the body is like a sweet bonus

It looks like the right product... good weight to function ratio! A sensible addition...

I'd like to know...

how much it pulls power wise?
    Does it increase fan noise?
    If you can use a block battery to hotswap vlocks?

Ps note to Red (not a moan as I realise dev is expensive) if it was 1k cheaper I would just chance it and buy one to see how it is but at the current price I will wait and see if here is any niggles 1st... the slight issue is I would still need to keep the stuff I have for gimbal work etc and I had a less great experience with he pro I/o module....

In case this helps anyone... I weighed my ET Vlock and basic module = 595grams so this module only cost us just over 300grams!

It also adds only 51mm in length to my setup.

This is pretty good I think....

I’m curious why audio control knobs weren’t built in to the operator side of this module to enable riding the audio levels? Similar to the OMOD XLR2.

I'll take an AB version!
    Jeff McCoy
    1st AC & drone pilot
    2x Monstros, Alexa LF, MotoCrane, Leica Summilux-C set, Angénieux & Fujinon zooms, Prestons, Teradek Bolt kits, Sony OLED monitors, O’Connor heads, drones, 4x4 sprinter vans & lots more.
    Web: www.industrialdigital.tv
    Instagram: @Industrial_Digital

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lindsay View Post
    It looks like the right product... good weight to function ratio! A sensible addition...

I'd like to know...

how much it pulls power wise?
    Does it increase fan noise?
    If you can use a block battery to hotswap vlocks?

Ps note to Red (not a moan as I realise dev is expensive) if it was 1k cheaper I would just chance it and buy one to see how it is but at the current price I will wait and see if here is any niggles 1st... the slight issue is I would still need to keep the stuff I have for gimbal work etc and I had a less great experience with he pro I/o module....
    Power - about 2W more than an identical setup with REDVOLT Expander + V-Lock Plate.

Fan noise - No impact.

Hotswap - Yes.

What would've gone great in here is a couple of super-capacitors for hot-swapping. A 30 x 60 mm supercap would provide about 20 seconds of energy for a camera. Maybe throw a LED segment display on top with a bunch of segments so people could see the seconds ticking away.

Power - about 2W more than an identical setup with REDVOLT Expander + V-Lock Plate.

Fan noise - No impact.

Hotswap - Yes.
    Thanks for the info...

because I don't have a redvolt expanders but a base expanders (and ET vlock plates) do you know how much more than this config?

Thanks again

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lindsay View Post
    Thanks for the info...

because I don't have a redvolt expanders but a base expanders (and ET vlock plates) do you know how much more than this config?

Thanks again
    Same config except Base Expander + RED V-Lock plate v Production Module, ~8W more with Production Module.

Thanks!

Same config except Base Expander + RED V-Lock plate v Production Module, ~8W more with Production Module.