Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 Unified Dragon-X

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 DSMC2 Unified Dragon-X 
    You guys kept asking for it so we finally brought the Dragon into the unified DSMC2 camera system.

Redesigned the sensor board to accomodate on camera IPP2. Increased data speeds courtesy of the unified DSMC2 boards.

5K full format at 96fps, and 120fps at 5K 2.4:1

Upgradable/Interchangeable sensor with the rest of the Unified DSMC2 Lineup.

DSMC2 DRAGON-X BRAIN:
    https://www.red.com/DSMC2-BRAIN-W-DRAGON-X-5K-S35

DSMC2 DRAGON-X KIT:

https://www.red.com/DSMC2-DRAGON-X-Camera-Kit

Brain only : $14,950

Upgrade from SCARLET-W to DSMC2 DRAGON-X for $4950:

https://www.red.com/dsmc2-dragon-x-u...-for-scarlet-w

Shot on DSMC-2 DRAGON-X

Last edited by Brent@RED; 11-29-2018 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Added link to SCARLET-W to DSMC2 DRAGON-X link

Jarred where do we stand with Raven upgrade?

Big question - does this use the updated ISO calibration? Is there a new "base" rating (equal stops above/below) point?

So awesome!
    Brendan H. Banks
    DP
    Epic-W #796

Oh baby!
    Red Dragon #8237 "Skippy"

www.imaginationx.com

Damn, I was thinking that the upgrade from Raven would be around 5k and from SW around 1500-2k but based on it costing 5000 to trade-in the SW idk if I see the logic in upgrading from the Raven since I imagine the cost will be double what a Raven retails new...
    Last edited by emil_h; 11-29-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Hehe, Dragon love :)
    Filmmaker | Conservationist | Philanthropist

***I Specialize in Brokering the Purchase or Sale of Used RED VV Monstro Cameras. PM me for Details***
    I guarantee a safe Buyer/Seller transaction. Cameras are brought to the Unified DSMC2 Factory Standard and ship to Buyer directly from RED with Transfer of Ownership & 90 Day Warranty.

YouTube Channel

I'll presume if there is a Raven upgrade, it would be for a very limited time and maybe more in the range of $7950-$9950. Hard to say since the price of Raven has increased over time--and it's completely at their own discretion what to offer. Very curious to see what it will be. Also, will be curious to see the sensor upgrade pricing from Dragon-X to the other three sensors. I've been wanting to go the Gemini route, so it will be interesting to see if it would be worth going Dragon-X first, or just jump directly to a Gemini and sell the Raven on reduser. Whatever the case, it is yet another brilliant move for RED in keeping their owners in the upgrade game. Love it.

Yea for that pricing I don't see it being worthwhile, may as well stick with the raven and buy when you need something else not a huge deal off buying a new brain once you factor in sensor upgrade to Gemini or helium. You keep your options open too if another manufacturer comes up with something better. Some people are saying 10k upgrade from raven which will give you the same sensor just a few more pixels that's a lot you can buy a mavo lf for that sort of money and still hold on to the raven.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tushaus View Post
    I'll presume if there is a Raven upgrade, it would be for a very limited time and maybe more in the range of $7950-$9950. Hard to say since the price of Raven has increased over time--and it's completely at their own discretion what to offer. Very curious to see what it will be. Also, will be curious to see the sensor upgrade pricing from Dragon-X to the other three sensors. I've been wanting to go the Gemini route, so it will be interesting to see if it would be worth going Dragon-X first, or just jump directly to a Gemini and sell the Raven on reduser. Whatever the case, it is yet another brilliant move for RED in keeping their owners in the upgrade game. Love it.
    The Gemini sensor costs $5,000 to swap. You also need RED Armor-W which costs an additional 6K. So I have no clue how going the route of upgrading the Raven to Dragon-X for say hypotheticall $7950-$9950 plus another 11k plus the original Raven cost of 9k when you could just sell the Raven for 6-7K and buy the Gemini for 20K

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Question: will the upgrade path from DSMC2 Dragon (MG) to Gemini continue? Or is there an invisible last date?
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links
    Epic Dragon & Canon CN-E street test
    Red Epic - Noise Reduction Test - Stockholm 2014
    Red Epic - Stockholm HDRx Test