Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 Unified Dragon-X

Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    I think next they are bringing back the MX.

Facts

The RED Dragon-X 5K with Renan Ozturk
    Adorama

Published on Dec 7, 2018

From Youtube...

"Renan Ozturk talks about his experience shooting with the new RED Dragon-X 5K"

Red Digital Cinema DSMC2 BRAIN Camera with Dragon-X 5K S35 Sensor
    https://www.adorama.com/rd7100317.html

[QUOTE=jordan levy;1833288]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Patino View Post
    Scarlet-W > Dragon-X = $4,950
    Dragon-X > Gemini= $4,950

Total cost from Scarlet-W to Gemini is $9,900.

Scarlet-W > Gemini = $12,500

...?

The "budget" Gemini upgrade?[/QUOTE

but there is only a $7k difference btwn the price of the brains.

Honestly I don't think these people see that. I said the same thing. But the real question is what does RED do with all of these cameras once they returned? ������ are these the same Dragon sensor's from last gen cameras.

[QUOTE=Zharmane Washington;1834957]
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan levy View Post

Honestly I don't think these people see that. I said the same thing. But the real question is what does RED do with all of these cameras once they returned? ������ are these the same Dragon sensor's from last gen cameras.
    The way I understand it, is the upgrade from SW to Dragon X involves adding boards and changing body plates. Using the same sensor and guts, so noting to do anything with so to speak.

No that is not what I am asking. I am talking about the cameras you (customers) trade in. I know they (red) don't destroy them. RED has to use them in some way. Like trading an Iphone in to upgrade. What do they do with the old used cameras. Parts ? Refurbishing? I see alot people giving up camera to "upgrade " and get a new camera. Where does the old cameras go? Like a used car that get traded in . In most cases used cars get resold. So what or where do the traded cameras go and what happen with them . I trade in a scarlet w for an dragon x. What happened to.the scarlet w . Is RED refurbish them for parts or taking the sensor out and reusing them?
    Last edited by Zharmane Washington; 12-11-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zharmane Washington View Post
    No that not what I am asking. I am talking about the camera you trade in. I know they don't destroy them. RED has to use them in some way. Like trading an Iphone in to upgrade. What do they do with the old used cameras. Parts ? Refurbishing? I see people is giving up camera to "upgrade " and get a new camera. Where does the old cameras go. Like a used car that get traded in . In most case cars get resold. So what or where do the traded cameras go and what happen with them . I trade in a scarlet w for an dragon x. What happened to.the scarlet w . Is RED refurbish them for parts or taking the sensor out and reusing them?
    I think in the case of Scarlet W, RED will upgrade boards inside that body and replace Scarlet W panels w Dragon X black panels and that is your NEW body. Nothing to keep really

Good enough Answer

Many go to schools.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

I own a Scarlet-W and I'm curious if the upgrade to Dragon-x will speed up the system as well. Since starting up the camera and loading recorded clips seems to take pretty long now. Would the upgrade make the camera the same as for instance the Gemini, except for the sensor of course.
    Last edited by Jan de Wit; Yesterday at 01:59 PM.