Thread: RED MAG unmounts during use

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 RED MAG unmounts during use 
    Dear fellow REDanians,

On the last shoot, I had the problem that my 1.8" RED MAG 128GB sometimes unmounted automatically, without me pressing any buttons. Once it even happened during record.

It seems though that it does not just disconnect, but unmounts it "cleanly" as, during record, it did not effectively unmount but just showed a message along the lines of "Can not unmount during recording.".

This kind of freaks me out as I fear data loss in the future.

Is this a known issue and is this a problem of the Brain or the RED MAGs? Is there any way of testing the RED MAGs to make sure they're 100% ok?

Thanks for any help,
    Remo
    Scarlet-X #0061 "Weasley"

Do you use a sidehandle? I could be totally wrong but I think one of the sidehandle buttons unmounts the media... and I remember I used to accidentally hit it. But again, I could be totally wrong about that. It's been a while.
    ---
    Nikhil Kamkolkar
    Writer/Filmmaker: http://www.IndianCowboy.com
    Back Kickstarter staff pick ROMEO REPLAYED - a political thriller film: http://bit.ly/romeoreplayed

Thanks for your help. Good thinking, but I think that wasn't the case as I wasn't touching the camera at all. But I'll definitely check what I have mapped on the buttons of the side handle!
    Scarlet-X #0061 "Weasley"

Quote Originally Posted by Remo Fritzsche View Post
    Thanks for your help. Good thinking, but I think that wasn't the case as I wasn't touching the camera at all. But I'll definitely check what I have mapped on the buttons of the side handle!
    If you are able to mount successfully and save a log file, I would recommend sending the file to RED Support to see if there are any hardware issues.