Thread: GROUP BUY - Easyrig Vario 5 with Gimbal Rig Vest | 5" Arm, 9" Arm, 5" Arm w/Serene

Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Senior Member Satsuki Murashige's Avatar
    Received my shipping notification email today.

Thanks Travis!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Wears View Post
    There's a batch shipping out today or Thurs this week.
    Thanks! Got my shipping notification last night. Should be here Monday.
    ---
    Epic-W #001633
    www.joshbecker.net

Still waiting, no word
    BRAINCELL CAMERA - MICHIGAN Renting Weapon Helium, Gemini, Raven, Alexa Studio, Alexa Mini
    Primes: Atlas Anamorphics, Cooke Panchro Classic, Sigma Cine, Celere HS, Leica R, Zeiss Contax
    Zooms: Optimo 15-40, Optimo DPs, Cooke 18-100, Duclos 11-16
    Support: Ronin 2, Black Arm, Alpha Wheels, Tero, ReadyRig, EasyRig, Teradek RT FIZs, Teradek Bolts, Bright Tangerine matteboxes, FSI monitors
    ------
    Cinematography/Production Professor, Compass College of Cinematic Arts, Grand Rapids, MI

Mine arrived today. There was some sort of order confusion and Adorama made two orders for me, and both arrived today! (This explains the two different charges on my credit card...)

In the process of refunding the extra one, however if anyone in LA/OC missed this deal and wants to purchase my duplicate item, DM me on Instagram @travismoulton

My Easyrig arrived today as well.

This has been such a clusterfuck of an experience with Adorama. I'll never be ordering a group buy through them again.

If anyone is looking to sell theirs please pm me! Bummed I missed thisnGB

yeah i cancelled my order and went to my guys at Abel Cine and they got me a 5inch Extended with gimbal vest for 4k (just $200 over) and got mine in 2 days after i order it. If anyone wants one they have like 3-5 left at that price. Just ask for Matt Livingston he hooked me up. I tried to talk to Lewis from Adorama and it just got so frustrating and there was no communication and i just was like please i need this gear (lost 4 rentals due to the delay)
    Weapon Helium 8K "MEGATRON"
    EPIC-W "Clem Fandango"
    Alexa Mini "Nashville"
    Alexa Mini "Hey Arnold"
    ATLAS ORION Anamorphic 40mm, 65mm, 100mm
    Zeiss CP.2 18mm, 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm, 135mm
    ARRI WCU-4 3 Channel Fiz Kit
    (4) HEDEN CARAT FOLLOW FOCUS
    Teradek 3000 Bolt 1:3
    (2) Teradek 1000 Bolt 1:3
    (2) Teradek 600 Bolt 1:3
    (2) Teradek Serv Pro
    SmallHD 1703 P3
    (2) SmallHD 24
    (2) SmallHD 24HDR
    (4) SmallHD 702 Bright
    (3) SmallHD 702 OLED

[/B]

In all fairness to Travis and Adorama, this was a really incredible deal and I think that should be acknowledged. Also, Travis was very accommodating in allowing folks to jump onboard the group after the official end date, which should also be acknowledged.

I too was disappointed by the slow delivery schedule (and I still got mine earlier than many) and the billing issues, but I have been given no reason to believe that they are not doing their best to keep up with the huge list of orders (please correct me if I am wrong). So the negativity, while understandable in some cases, seems a bit unfair. Units are being delivered and regarding the tax issue, I had always assumed that taking delivery in 2018 (or at least payment) was always a long shot given how close to the end of the year it was. You can still write it off for 2019.

Also - just my personal opinion, feel free to disregard - I think counting on rental income before actually taking delivery of said item is not a good business practice. Especially when dealing with professional film equipment that is not manufactured in large quantities. I am not trying to call anyone out in particular, and I totally understand the frustration. I've been that guy before too - with cinema lenses and lens servicing in particular, the wait times can be months or even years (and yes, I have waited years in some cases). I just don't think this is a good mindset to be in since you have no control over it - always a good idea to CYA with regard to any rentals that you may have lined up. Only my $.02, FWIW.

Oh no... I'm not talking about Travis at all. I'm talking about the piss poor communication and down right incompetence displayed (for my order) that I experienced from Adorama . I'll expand on it and explain but I just don't have time at the moment to get into it. I have nothing but good things to say about Travis and his efforts in this group buy.