Thread: GROUP BUY - Easyrig Vario 5 with Gimbal Rig Vest | 5" Arm, 9" Arm, 5" Arm w/Serene

Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Just an FYI, it takes somewhere around 150+ hours of my time to set something like this up between the distributor and the retailer and manage the buy on a daily basis. This includes dozens of hours of emails, phone calls, texts, facebook messages, IG messages, co-ordinating with any friends or partners on sharing the buy, working with the retailer to manage customer expectations, while constantly pushing to get the absolute best discount possible.

As far as I know, no deal like this has ever been offered on this product. With every one of my group buys, there are always a few customers who don't quite understand that Adorama doesn't stock 150+ Litepanel Geminis or 85+ Easyrig Vario 5s. Like I very clearly stated in my post, the items will be delivered in the order of payment received. I'm not going to call anyone out here but some people waited days or weeks after they received the email, thus were late in line and then wanted the item immediately.

Adorama isn't going to give you daily updates via email if you continue to call and email pestering them for a shipping update. It comes from EU, through CA, onto NY and then to the customer. That is not a process that can be sped up. I provided my own personal contact information as well as numerous contacts at Adorama that could be contacted for more information about the ordering process.

There are always a handful of customers that are not grateful for the discount, ask for special treatment, pester me daily about shipping updates or don't follow the email instructions and then get upset when their order is delayed. This is nothing new and doesn't surprise me at all but complaining about lost rental days for an item that you don't have in your hand is pretty foolish IMO. If the equipment is such an important part of your bid, go buy it for full price!

Some of the emails I got during this process, along with the complaints and general maturity level of some of the feedback here make me reconsider doing this in the future.
    Last edited by Travis Wears; 02-05-2019 at 10:15 AM.
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

I for one appreciate it man. Its a really big savings and worth the wait.
    DP/Director/Producer
    www.domenicthedp.com
    www.nw-camera.com

Arri Alexa Mini/Amira
    RED Epic-X Dragon
    RED Scarlet W
    Canon C300 Mark i/ii
    Ursa Mini Pro
    Sony A7s/r ii
    Cooke Panchro/i Classics
    Atlas Orion Anamorphic set
    Angenieux EZ1/2
    Celere HS PL lens set 25,36,50,85
    Leica R, 19,24,35,50,80,135 duclos
    DSO Trump series 38,58,88
    Sigma Cine Primes 20,24,35,50,85
    Contax Zeiss 25,35,50,85,100,180,300 superspeeds
    GL Optics 18-35, 50-100, 70-200
    tokina 11-16 PL
    Cooke 18-100

I can finally get into my issues with this group buy as I now have time after my travelling. My problems have everything to do with Adorama and nothing to do with Travis. As I stated before I have nothing but good comments for Travis and his incredible efforts putting this together.

I live in Jamaica, and customs would have been a royal pain in the ass (expensive AF) to clear this. Hence my plans were to travel to the states to pick this item up and bring it home. I contacted Adorama about a week after ordering (I know the lead time is 2 weeks) to find out and ETA on the item's arrival to the warehouse as i wanted to know when to book my plane ticket. I got Lewis and he said he would have gotten back to me with information as to ETA when it would arrive to their warehouse. I got no such information at all and after waiting some more days I emailed and called but could not get him. He did not respond to any email I sent. Two weeks pass and i try again to get info...again this is just me wanting to know some rough ETA of it's arrival to the warehouse so know when to book a ticket ...not delivery to my US shipping address. I finally get Lewis and he informs me it should arrive within 2 days, but he will confirm that by the end of the day. Again he did not contact me. I tried getting him multiple times and I got no response. However I went off that information and booked a ticket and gave myself ample time for the package to arrive. It should have arrived to the wearhouse some days before I even went to the US.

Fast forward...I'm now in the US first day and called multiple times and could not get him. So wait till my 2nd day and I call Lewis and finally got him. He said its there and ready to ship so its time to charge my card. I thought that was already charged long ago when I ordered...but apparently it was only authorized. So I say ok cool charge it. He comes back and says something is wrong with my card as it wont go through. I know nothing is wrong with the card...so he tries again. Doesn't go through. He says to check with the bank. I check with my bank and they say nothing is wrong...Adorama authorized the card however they took so long to take the funds (because the item was not in stock I assume) that the authorization had expired. So I need to get a letter from them saying that they will not access the funds and to cancel the authorization so they (the bank) can allow the funds to be released. Adorama should have known this as they are the ones that authorized the card and they know how long it will take to expire. So now I have to call Adaorma tell them what the bank says and they say "oh...they just realized that it was expired..." blah blah. They eventually get me the letter ...i send to the bank...the bank releases the funds. I tell them to charge it again. It goes through. Great.

I have one week left in the states. They know (As I told Lewis before I booked a ticket) that my only reason for coming to the states is to pick this thing up. One week left...sure no worries it can surely reach to me in a week. I get shipping notification from Adorama, with UPS tracking. Great. 3 days pass and I see no updates to the tracking information. I found that very odd so I called Adorama and told them. They said it shipped but UPS didn't update the system and if it doesn't arrive by end of day then call them back the next day. I called UPS just to check...they have no record or anything being shipped. Next day...nothing has changed so I call Adorama again. They don't know whats happening. Now I'm livid. And its only after getting like that they do multiple checks they come back to tell me sorry they don't use UPS as their outgoing shipper anymore. I'm like WTF?? So why the hell did you give me UPS tracking information and tell me the item was shipped? The whole thing was so damn retarded. 3 days passed and they did not ship it but told me it was shipped. They now ask me for FED ex location they can send it to close by to where I am (as I had opted to send it to a station to pick up). Time is ticking away on my trip in the states and to change my return ticket is going to cost me. Long story short...it finally arrived with a day to spare. Too close for comfort when I estimated more than enough time for it to arrive.

So all in all their customer service was piss poor bordering on incompetence in my opinion.

Nothing to do with Travis and his stellar efforts which are completely and utterly appreciated.
    Last edited by darren scott; 02-05-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Hi, this is available in b&h for $4200 / easyrig vario 5 with gimbal rig vest. What exactly did the final price end up being on this group buy? Trying to ascertain what savings I could have had, and to figure out if NAB is going to bring an update that I should probably wait for.

Thanks,
    Nikhil
    ---
    Nikhil Kamkolkar
    Writer/Filmmaker: http://www.IndianCowboy.com
    Latest action short film: "LAILA" https://youtu.be/wq0z8F-LJww

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil Kamkolkar View Post
    Hi, this is available in b&h for $4200 / easyrig vario 5 with gimbal rig vest. What exactly did the final price end up being on this group buy? Trying to ascertain what savings I could have had, and to figure out if NAB is going to bring an update that I should probably wait for.

Thanks,
    Nikhil
    You'd have saved around $250 off that price. It was much more savings than that at the time.

Anyone have one of these Easyrigs for sale?