Thread: GROUP BUY - Easyrig Vario 5 with Gimbal Rig Vest | 5" Arm, 9" Arm, 5" Arm w/Serene

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 156
  1. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Johnson View Post
    I’ll take a 9” with no serene, please.
    Got you down!
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #32  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,822
    Last question, what about the standard arm with serene installed or just the standard arm no serene. Or is this group buy specifically only for the 5" and 9" extension models?
    JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #33  
    Senior Member Josh Becker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kanes View Post
    Sign me up for a 9” - not sure yet whether going Serene or not...
    Are you concerned about the Serene adding too much length to the 9” arm? (Just looking at the image Travis posted with the lengths, super helpful by the way! Thank you for posting that!)

    Edit: I originally rambled about the ReadyRig vs. EasyRig for gimbal support, but after thinking about it more, I think I’ll go for the 5” without Serene Arm. I think I’m still planning on a ReadyRig for my Movi Pro, the design seems better for gimbal support than the EasyRig+Serene, in my opinion—but I’d love to hear thoughts from people who use/have used both.
    Last edited by Josh Becker; 12-08-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    ---
    Epic-W #001633
    www.joshbecker.net
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Wilganowski View Post
    Last question, what about the standard arm with serene installed or just the standard arm no serene. Or is this group buy specifically only for the 5" and 9" extension models?
    Hey Jake! No limit on questions my man. On the 5" Extended Arm model, you can easily move the lead back to the same place that it sits on the Standard Arm. So it's more versatile as you can operate at Standard length or use the 5" for hip/gimbal work.

    There's a chance I could get approval for the Standard Arm with Serene though. I would need to demonstrate interest. Let me know if you'd be interested in making that purchase and if there's enough support behind you, I can talk to my rep.
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Becker View Post
    Are you concerned about the Serene adding too much length to the 9” arm? (Just looking at the image Travis posted with the lengths, super helpful by the way! Thank you for posting that!)

    Edit: I originally rambled about the ReadyRig vs. EasyRig for gimbal support, but after thinking about it more, I think I’ll go for the 5” without Serene Arm. I think I’m still planning on a ReadyRig for my Movi Pro, the design seems better for gimbal support than the EasyRig+Serene, in my opinion—but I’d love to hear thoughts from people who use/have used both.
    Yeah, you don't want to add the Serene onto the 9" model and we aren't offering that. 5" only for now with a small chance we'd add the Standard w/Serene given enough orders.

    And Josh, I got you down for 5" Arm, no Serene!

    Re: thoughts. I've used both. If I'm using a Vario 5 with a gimbal, I prefer to add the Serene Arm. My buddy Clair was a DP on Free Solo and that's what he used with his MoVi Pro. The gimbal shots in that film are pristine IMO.
    Last edited by Travis Wears; 12-08-2018 at 04:02 PM.
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #36  
    I added this to the main thread as well but for anyone asking about gimbal use with the Vario 5, this is the trailer for the award winning documentary Free Solo which won a Critic's Choice award for Best Cinematography. The opening shots in the trailer and the gimbal work in this picture are Vario 5 5" Extended Arm w/Serene and MoVi Pro.

    Shot by the very talented Clair Popkin.

    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #37  
    Senior Member Josh Becker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Wears View Post
    Yeah, you don't want to add the Serene onto the 9" model and we aren't offering that. 5" only for now with a small chance we'd add the Standard w/Serene given enough orders.

    And Josh, I got you down for 5" Arm, no Serene!

    Re: thoughts. I've used both. If I'm using a Vario 5 with a gimbal, I prefer to add the Serene Arm. My buddy Clair was a DP on the award winning documentary Free Solo and that's what he used with his MoVi Pro. The gimbal shots in that film are pristine IMO.
    Thanks, Travis! That is helpful to know, I’ve heard great things about that doc so just another reason to see it, haha
    ---
    Epic-W #001633
    www.joshbecker.net
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #38  
    Senior Member Matthew J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Becker View Post
    Are you concerned about the Serene adding too much length to the 9” arm? (Just looking at the image Travis posted with the lengths, super helpful by the way! Thank you for posting that!)

    Edit: I originally rambled about the ReadyRig vs. EasyRig for gimbal support, but after thinking about it more, I think I’ll go for the 5” without Serene Arm. I think I’m still planning on a ReadyRig for my Movi Pro, the design seems better for gimbal support than the EasyRig+Serene, in my opinion—but I’d love to hear thoughts from people who use/have used both.
    I've used both and I bought the EasyRig with the Serene. In my opinion the easyrig with the serene is night and day better. The arm is much better at talking out your "steps" in the image and since it has a single connection point you can pan far better with the easyrig than the readyrig. The easyrig also doesn't push down on your shoulders like the readyrig does. There is a reason the easyrig is several $kkk's more than the readyrig.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #39  
    Senior Member Josh Becker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew J View Post
    I've used both and I bought the EasyRig with the Serene. In my opinion the easyrig with the serene is night and day better. The arm is much better at talking out your "steps" in the image and since it has a single connection point you can pan far better with the easyrig than the readyrig. The easyrig also doesn't push down on your shoulders like the readyrig does. There is a reason the easyrig is several $kkk's more than the readyrig.
    Totally fair. I am definitely interested in trying it out, it would be awesome to only buy the EasyRig and not an additional support vest. Although, I think I should point out that the Ready Rig shouldn’t put pressure on your shoulders, the shoulder pads should float slightly above your shoulders so the weight is going to your hips.

    And I definitely wanted an EasyRig for handheld use, so I’m excited to own one either way! I would be tempted to add the Serene if it wasn’t a separate group buy list (could there be a “contingency” list? It seems like other guys would be in if it hits 20% off...)
    ---
    Epic-W #001633
    www.joshbecker.net
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #40  
    Thanks for putting together this group buy! Can you sign me up for 1 Vario 5 Gimbal Rig Vest with 9 Extended Arm?

    Can you please let me know if you need any additional info from me?

    Thanks!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts