Thread: 65mm from RED

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    283
    We are having two of them and everyone loves it. It's so pleasing to the eyes. Just don't watch 1080 videos on it XD
    Weapon CF Monstro #1119, Weapon Helium, Epic-X #7926 BAM, Raven #220
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #32  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr Frayman View Post
    montage video 8k, color grading, Maya, nuke.
    At the moment I would still go for a LG C8 55" 4k TV + Calman calibrator for that. All current 8k panels are not nearly as color accurate as LG OLED panels.
    8k is just to new at the moment, same counts for the additional hardware you need to make it all work.

    A friend of mine has the Dell and uses it for photograpy and while it's good for pixel peeping and focus checking it's not that good for color grading (uniformity problems).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #33  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    MOSCOW
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha Engel View Post
    At the moment I would still go for a LG C8 55" 4k TV + Calman calibrator for that. All current 8k panels are not nearly as color accurate as LG OLED panels.
    8k is just to new at the moment, same counts for the additional hardware you need to make it all work.

    A friend of mine has the Dell and uses it for photograpy and while it's good for pixel peeping and focus checking it's not that good for color grading (uniformity problems).
    what about Sharp Aquos 8k?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #34  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr Frayman View Post
    what about Sharp Aquos 8k?
    Same, also with 4 HDMI 2.0 ports.

    Unless you're Phil Holland with 3 Monstro's stitched together or when you own a $500.000 Sony UHC-8300 3 sensor camera, SUHD TV's don't make much sense.
    When you own a Hasselblad H6D-100c for stills it could make sense.

    All other camera's just don't have enough pixel to give a perfect SUHD RGB-output.

    When you run SUHD annimations on it, a beefy GPU with 10 bits color in OpenCL is enough (WX9100($1.350) with 4 DP to HDMI2.0 cable's(~$10 each)).

    When you really want an SUHD TV, Samsung is your best and cheapest option at the moment.
    The 65" is rated at 3000 nits peak and the 75" and 85" are rated for 4000 nits peak.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #35  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    MOSCOW
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha Engel View Post
    Same, also with 4 HDMI 2.0 ports.

    Unless you're Phil Holland with 3 Monstro's stitched together or when you own a $500.000 Sony UHC-8300 3 sensor camera, SUHD TV's don't make much sense.
    When you own a Hasselblad H6D-100c for stills it could make sense.

    All other camera's just don't have enough pixel to give a perfect SUHD RGB-output.

    When you run SUHD annimations on it, a beefy GPU with 10 bits color in OpenCL is enough (WX9100($1.350) with 4 DP to HDMI2.0 cable's(~$10 each)).

    When you really want an SUHD TV, Samsung is your best and cheapest option at the moment.
    The 65" is rated at 3000 nits peak and the 75" and 85" are rated for 4000 nits peak.
    I have a monstro. I'm not looking for a cheap option, I'm looking for the best option on the market.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #36  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr Frayman View Post
    I have a monstro. I'm not looking for a cheap option, I'm looking for the best option on the market.
    It won't get much better than these 2 at the moment.

    https://pro.sony/ue_US/products/broa...tors/bvm-hx310

    https://pro.sony/ue_US/products/broa...rs/bvm-x300-v2

    Or these 2

    http://flandersscientific.com/XM310K/

    http://flandersscientific.com/XM311K/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #37  
    Senior Member Gabriel Scindian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Without breaking any NDAs what I can say is every needle points to a:
    - 4K @ 120fps max
    - 8K @ 60fps max
    - 12-16bit (10-12 today)

    Future.

    I'll leave sound out of the mix, pun intended, for now :)

    I think for cinema they really need to look at data rate in the face of what is coming over 5G and Gigabit. Color and resolution are where cinema will still be able to really differentiate itself from home streaming offerings.

    As for the ATSC 3.0 standards, I'm behind the effort, but I fear they are lagging a bit far behind the line and likely can't fully compete with the streaming marketplace within two years. Though in our country it will be a moderate requirement and likely subsidized eventually. At that point a bigger issue will be at hand though.

    12bit display technology is happening in the R&D world aggressively at the moment. Getting a good 10bit display for a decent price truly happens next year and you will see offering from some unexpected corners.

    I'd chop off a toe for a decent DCI 8K monitor in the 30-40" range. Not my toe mind you, but somebody elses to pay for that thing. 8K goes single cable HDMI next year proper from what the crystal ball says. That's the biggy for consumers really. Then what drives them. The 8K stream box today is around $2500 USD. That will come down in price rapidly.
    Looking at the current trend in software development from EPIC Unreal Studio/Adobe/BlackMagic coupled with AMDs high core count cpu's as well as the competition that is heating up within the GPU realm, 8K will become standard in 2019 with full consumer adoption by 2020 due to the affordable price point.

    Samsung and LG already stated that creating 8K televisions were easier than 4k tvs.

    Looking back at the Vision RED had when showing the silver RED One prototype to the conceptualization of the DSMC1's, Larger than FF35 was already on the table.

    An 8K Medium format Sensor the size of the Fuji Film GFX 50 would yield INCREDIBLE LOW LIGHT performance. Amazing DR etc

    A FF35 Gemini at 6k would be a monster as well.

    Do not forget about The NEW TECHNOLOGY RED and Intel are working on where the new sensor(Prototype) can capture Z-Depth. You will be able to step into your movie.

    Being able to capture more dynamic range without switching to High and Low ISO is another big step.

    We live in exciting times. I love RED for creating our unified dreams.
    Last edited by Gabriel Scindian; 12-20-2018 at 05:14 AM.
    Gabriel Scindian
    Instagram

    Epic Dragon #04153 - FatBoy V2
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #38  
    Moderator Phil Holland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    11,469
    It's adorable that people consider the GFX 50 a medium format sized sensor :), though it is larger format for sure.

    Sort of wish people got into using the plus symbol. VV for instance is named relatively accurately in relationship to a known format or could be considered FF35+. Similar to what the Fuji should be coined.

    *Runs away and hides
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles
    ________________________________
    phfx.com IMDB
    PHFX | tools

    2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

    Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #39  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,773
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #40  
    Senior Member Gabriel Scindian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    It's adorable that people consider the GFX 50 a medium format sized sensor :), though it is larger format for sure.

    Sort of wish people got into using the plus symbol. VV for instance is named relatively accurately in relationship to a known format or could be considered FF35+. Similar to what the Fuji should be coined.

    *Runs away and hides
    HEHEHE Yeah its not a true Medium Format but it still would be a good size for 8k
    Gabriel Scindian
    Instagram

    Epic Dragon #04153 - FatBoy V2
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts