Thread: Teradek RT ACI...first impressions

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    Nope.

But ... we are going to figure out an UPGRADE / TRADE-IN option for the owners of RT Latitude MDR-SK - and we will announce that before/when we start shipping MDR.ACI units.
    Put me on the list for this please.
    Nicholas JS Wise
    DP & Gimbal Op
    cinenick.com

DSMC2 Monstro w/ full production package
    HELIX PRO gimbal w/ ReadyRig exo

Universal monitor/rx system for Teradek RT FI+Z
    Protective cap for the DSMC2 EVF mount's Lemo port
    Gold/V-mount battery plate for Letus35 Helix gimbal

Yes, I'm also very interested in this.
    CF Weapon Helium
    Gemini

Does it work with Tilta´s Advanced I/O Module?

Also interested in the upgrade!
    Philip Lanyon, Cinematographer

www.philiplanyon.com
    www.seslercompany.com

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel John View Post
    Yes, I'm also very interested in this.

+ 1

Senior Member Bérenger Brillante's Avatar
    But ... we are going to figure out an UPGRADE / TRADE-IN option for the owners of RT Latitude MDR-SK - and we will announce that before/when we start shipping MDR.ACI units.
    That very cool, I'm in for two units I guess.
    Bérenger B. Brillante
    --Director Showreel--

We are hiding the info on the RF.ACI model because ... it is still in development and not done.

Think of this way - the MDR model has ALL the hardware of the product line - it has the RT radio (RF) and also a new BLE 5.0 Bluetooth module.

The RF.ACI - currently as spec'd - has basically all the same communication hardware - the RF radio and the BLE radio - but is missing the components for LENS MOTOR CONTROL.

But the RF.ACI model - while it can be used on the camera - is really meant to be your off-camera remote. We need to put more work into the software dev for complete menu off camera RCP control. It's one thing to send a run/stop command or toggle edge or whatever from a handcontroller long range over RF - it's another thing to present a full camera menu in real-time with real-time confirm and feedback. So ... that software work could take a few weeks ... or a few months ... it's not like it has been done the way we are doing it before over non-WIFI wireless.

When the MDR ships - it's wireless to RT hand-controllers (legacy MK3.1, the new single axis and the new multi-axis shipping in Q1). The BLE 5.0 to Foolcontrol requires a little love from Mikael so that will be in a later firmware release - but you can still foolcontrol to the camera's wifi while the ACI is there.

Make sense?
    First of all, awesome product. This is what the RED Sidekick should have been.
    Second, I hope that Mikeal and the tech of Terradek can team up and make long range foolcontrol work. Because currently it is not working. I tested it (RT Sidekick and Latitude) and connectivity breaks out constantly. You get better and more stable connection if you connect foolcontrol (from iphone) directly to RT Sidekick/WC Wifi Plate in ad-hoc mode.
    I raised the problem directly to the tech at former RT Motion and they are aware. That was more than a year ago, and as far as I know this issue has not been solved via firmware yet.

So I hope Terradek will sort it out with the new RF.ACI models.
    Last edited by Thai Christen; 12-17-2018 at 07:56 AM. Reason: add additional info

When the MDR ships - it's wireless to RT hand-controllers (legacy MK3.1, the new single axis and the new multi-axis shipping in Q1). The BLE 5.0 to Foolcontrol requires a little love from Mikael so that will be in a later firmware release - but you can still foolcontrol to the camera's wifi while the ACI is there.
    Bluetooth would make foolcontrol connection so much easier! No need to mess around with Wifi networks and such.

Aaaand did you just let the cat out of the bag that there would be a new RT multi-axis hand controller? Unless I missed an announcement...

And yes, I would definitely be interested in an upgrade of my MDR.
    Red EPIC-W #003307 "Annabelle"

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Christen View Post
    First of all, awesome product. This is what the RED Sidekick should have been.
    How so? I haven’t used either and am curious to know what the difference between the two pieces are from a functionality and ease of use standpoint.

Also, since this makes use of the CTRL port, is there another way to remote trigger the REC/STOP with my Nucleus-M? I doubt I can connect my motors into the MDR version...
    #MakeItHappen...#ThatFiilmLife

Ty Hunt
    Director || Cinematographer
    Scarlet-W, Sigma Cine Primes

www.LightHawk.studio
    www.instagram.com/ThatDirectorTy

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Hunt View Post
    How so? I haven’t used either and am curious to know what the difference between the two pieces are from a functionality and ease of use standpoint.

Also, since this makes use of the CTRL port, is there another way to remote trigger the REC/STOP with my Nucleus-M? I doubt I can connect my motors into the MDR version...
    You can get a run/stop cable for Nucleus-M for ARRI cameras. You can then plug that into 3-pin Fischer on RED's top plate, WC Easy Top top plate, WC D-BOX for DSMC2 or RED's forthcoming Production Module's 3-pin Fischer for run/stop.
    Mark L. Pederson