Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RANGER Custom Rental House Camera

Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Damn. It looks legit. I wonder what it actually costs for a rental house to buy it?
    RED DSMC2 GEMINI #011030

Hey guys,

What makes a house red authorized? Also most houses including even panavision aren't fully owned by themselves. Guys like me pimp our cameras out to them, I actually might put my new red at panavision. I had gear in three firms and five locations and just moved down to four locations recently when I pulled my rocket x since it wasn't booking and two firms.

So can someone in my line of work possibly get involved with this? Cuz I keep almost my whole fleet full time at these same facilities and I'd love to potentially own one vs let these book while my units may not be as wanted sitting next to this if all my same partners buy in? Thx
    DIT, Assistant Editor, Phantom Tech, offering workflow services from acquisition to post

Available with or without following gear:

2 Alexa Studios
    2 Gemini packages
    Arri Amira Premium/UHD
    Alexa Mini with raw, 4/3
    Oconnor 2060

A51 with RTX2080, Avid MC8, Premiere, and Resolve in the NYC/CT area.

https://vestadalux.com

Likely not Brian, there's a big difference between consignment and the concept of various levels of a RED Authorized house, which even goes down to camera support. This is not a one to five body commitment, though I can see some angles in smaller markets perhaps where that might work personally.

Also, keep in mind this is an erm.... Multitasker DSMC2 Brain. You can very literally have much of what's in this all inclusive package with a RED DSMC2 Body, Production Module, and likely something like the Teredek RT accessories for the MDR with the added ability to be able to make the camera smaller if need be.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

No worries, it's probably far out of my line of credit anyway I'd guess. I just am happy for my new gemini next week and I'll upgrade my other body to dsmc2 helium and have the best of both worlds. Honestly I might not even pimp out the Gemini and use it instead just because I think it's such a good feature set for my needs and it's really a pain trying to shoot on heavy Arris without a crew. I do it but it's not easy
    DIT, Assistant Editor, Phantom Tech, offering workflow services from acquisition to post

Available with or without following gear:

2 Alexa Studios
    2 Gemini packages
    Arri Amira Premium/UHD
    Alexa Mini with raw, 4/3
    Oconnor 2060

A51 with RTX2080, Avid MC8, Premiere, and Resolve in the NYC/CT area.

https://vestadalux.com

Had a chance to see the Ranger in person today at February Freeze in Toronto, it's quite nice (and light, and quiet!)
    Curious if that new Lemo Adapter might be available for us mere mortals to purchase (maybe a job for GDU?), I like the way the lemo is oriented and the 3/8's helicoil insert threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Horwell View Post
    Jarred. I bought my Red one in 2007. I was on DVXuser when we were all creating a wish list for the camera Jim said he would build and we dreamed about. i still have emails between jim and Kelly and I when i was sending 1000 depsoit on my credit card and in the end couldn't afford to do it, but ended up managing to scrape it together. I shot my first feature on a red one, with no monitor, 8gb CF cards, down converters, no evf. I've been through every proliferation since then, recently purchased a new gemini and dropped the same price as the camera accessorising it. You finally build the camera i've always wanted...... and i can't have one ?. You can only imagine the frustration i feel right now. I love what Red has done, how you have pushed the industry. I never complain at you guys, at Red....but this.
    You shot a feature film with no monitor *and* no EVF??? That must have been troublesome!!
    http://IronFilm.co.nz/Sound/ (Sound Recordist based in Auckland, NZ. Happy to travel too)
    https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

So how many rental houses will have this? I'd hope that rental houses in every country on earth has one, this should be more widespread! (and yes, we should be able to self identify as a "rental house"! )
    http://IronFilm.co.nz/Sound/ (Sound Recordist based in Auckland, NZ. Happy to travel too)
    https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bros View Post
    Had a chance to see the Ranger in person today at February Freeze in Toronto, it's quite nice (and light, and quiet!)
    Curious if that new Lemo Adapter might be available for us mere mortals to purchase (maybe a job for GDU?), I like the way the lemo is oriented and the 3/8's helicoil insert threads.
    Agree. I really loved it.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Hey man, these cameras as you can imagine are pretty expensive to make in low quantites. It doesnt really make sense unless you buy at least 10 of them.

Internal vote for potential interest > reservation deposits > higher quantities

Guessing more than 10.

: )

Hats off...

1) How does this camera solve any reliability issues?

2) Why don't you just build more of them? If you want only rental houses to have the RANGER to be in favor with them, then just say so instead of pointing towards the price. The Alexa LF is way over 100 grand and companies still buy it.