Thread: RED Pro Workshop 2019 - San Diego

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Just sent you a PM Phil about being a walk up today and tomorrow for your workshop.
    Do you have any space or accommodation for me. And will it work out to ether pay at the door or I could do the online thing or is it closed at some point.?
    Thanks
    Epic Forged Monstro (Camera 101)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/russfill/

Heh! You were here today, so I'm thinking it all worked out!
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Supper workshop, thank you Phil for sharing your giant well of info and understanding. And a big thanks to Voice and Video who put it on. And of course RED.
    Epic Forged Monstro (Camera 101)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/russfill/

What a great experience. Thank you to all responsible. Worth far more than the price of admission. All the cameras, the gear, the sets, the food, the helpful experts and of course Phil - the cinematography encyclopedia from that closet in the Chronicles of Narnia. Asking that man a question is like stepping through the endless pages of a hidden world of knowledge. I'd do that again in a heartbeat

Big props to Phil for an info packed workshop that hit a lot of topics. Shout out to Bill @ Voice&Video for bringing this event to San Diego!

Best feature - straightforward explanations of often misunderstood aspects of RED's system. As they say about sex, if it doesn't feel good - you're not doing it right ;-)

Cheers - #19

Thanks guys! That was a tornado of fun for me and I hope for all of you too. It was really special having all of the current RED DSMC2 cameras on hand and even a surprise Monochrome Helium cameo. It was also good having all of the different lighting, support, and various other accessories.

Hopefully that was a pretty packed workshop with capture and post of the RED ecosystem with some extra info towards modern trends and techniques. Mixing and matching modern RGB sources is an interesting concept and I hope some of that advice helps when lighting a shot with many crazy colors from different brands. I hope that surprise bit at the end of the workshop with the HDR stuff was nice too.

Time to get back home and back into the fray! Until the next one, stay focused and well exposed :)
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Did you guys end up filming it?

Would certainly pay to go through it remotely.

Thanks!

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Thanks guys! That was a tornado of fun for me and I hope for all of you too. It was really special having all of the current RED DSMC2 cameras on hand and even a surprise Monochrome Helium cameo. It was also good having all of the different lighting, support, and various other accessories.

Hopefully that was a pretty packed workshop with capture and post of the RED ecosystem with some extra info towards modern trends and techniques. Mixing and matching modern RGB sources is an interesting concept and I hope some of that advice helps when lighting a shot with many crazy colors from different brands. I hope that surprise bit at the end of the workshop with the HDR stuff was nice too.

Time to get back home and back into the fray! Until the next one, stay focused and well exposed :)