Thread: LOMO Anamorphic Lens Elements Group Buy

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 LOMO Anamorphic Lens Elements Group Buy 
    Greets, mates.

Clients ask me regularly if I have a LOMO 35BAS10-x spare front glass (which crack often at edge). I do not.

That's a problem nowadays when Lomo Anamorphics are way too pricey to source out just to replace front glass...

That led me to simple thought: we guys can make a group buy possible!

It's single front cylindrical lens of 86x66x9mm dimensions. I find it possible to be manufactured for us. I'm the host and would run the project the best way for us.

I have the original blueprint (see last pic) for this lens so we can try LOMO or any other manufacturer for production a small batch, lets say more than 10 pieces.

So here I ask the owners of Lomo squarefronts of 35NAS10-x / 35BAS10-x models with bad front elements to join.

If you are in need for this spare part and have funds for that, plz welcome, send an inquiry to join FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/371136543668421

and we will proceed further.

Very cool Ilya. I'm interested!

http://quillfilms.com | mike@quillfilms.com | 978.317.9458

Lomo Anamorphic Square Fronts (35mm, 50mm, 80mm)
    Lomo Super Speeds (14, 18, 22, 28, 35, 50, 75mm)
    Mir-47M, Mir-1A, Helios-44M, Jupiter-9, Tair-11A
    Ekran 25-80mm

Nice. Which 35mm model number?

LOMO quote.

Hey, friends. Lomo responded to my inquiry!

In short, it's 2500$+ and 4 month+ of waiting.

Do not get upset, guys, we for sure will find other supplier since the price is too much and we are not from the ministry of defense ordering a tank 3x scope ahahha.

I now negotiate with one, it's drastically different numbers.

BTW what are your price expectations?! PLZ reply, that's crucial now.

Here goes LOMO reply:

"... the estimate cost of the cylindrical lens of x-x-x part number (for 35НАС10-2-01), if ordered in 10 pcs batch, would be 137,520RUB ( ~2100$) (VAT excluded).

Besides, to make this element production possible, we'd need to produce the rigging, ie special manufacturing tools: cutters, grinders, polishers. We also need to refurbish our reference glass for surface control, — altogether that would add ~60,000RUB (~915$) to the total cost.

As for lower quantities, that costs more, so expect that batch of 1 to 3 pieces will cost 184,080RUB (~2805$) per 1 element, no VAT included.

All above are purely approximate since the cost of raw glass type XXX in the given calculation is based on the approximation of 8000RUB(~122$) per kilogram (two years old prices).

So, please expect that the final quote can only be given at the stage of order placement / signing an agreement.

Whole production time is ~ 4 months.

With respect,
    Head of optical components and systems sales division
    (812) - xxx-xx-xx
    xxxxx@lomo.sp.ru"

end of quote.

Optica Elite quote.

Hey guys, here is what Elite quotes: 1790$ per glass element.

They say it's no problem to make, and they even have the large piece of the very USSR optical glass we need at the warehouse.

Second, they say that at least they need 50% of the total as a pre-payment before they start to prepare the production needs.

Nice update, in the meantime I keep searching and negotiating with other suppliers for best offer.

Are we considering China as an option? Plz post, I need your opinion.

Guys, now it is time to join the GROUP!!!

I found the raw optical glass with perfect quality and we have a dream manufacturer.

JOIN JOIN JOIN https://www.facebook.com/groups/371136543668421

PRICE is unbelievable.

I’m in for 2 please.

If anyone has additional terrible condition square front rear or front (35mm Lomo) cylinder glasses, I’d like to help my vintage lenses escape Van Diemen’s Land ASAP.
    Last edited by Dan Kanes; 03-22-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Yes, Sir!

Dear LOMO 35mm Square front (35НАС10-3/35БАС10-х-х) owners, the Group buy of the front cylinder element will be closed on 31th March, 2019, so

PLEASE join if only you really need that spare part, as a replacement for your damaged / bad one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/371136543668421

Price is very competitive.

Manufacturer is in European part of the world.

The front single anamorphic element is to be made strictly to the original LOMO blueprint, out of native Russian optical glass.

Today, on 31th of March, is the last day to jump in, to make the production of the front element of LOMO 35mm Squarefront possible!
    New ones will replace the old damaged ones, shown in this video https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...07598543311066
    We are very close to 20 pieces order batch. We need you!
    Join the Facebook group "LOMO Anamorphic lens elements Group Buy" and order today!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/371136543668421 or email me directly moscow.optical.workshop@gmail.com with order amount and contacts.