Thread: Footage works fine in every way except RCX errors out on export

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Footage works fine in every way except RCX errors out on export 
    Hey guys, I'm grading some footage I shot a couple years ago and everything from the card works fine in Premiere, and also works fine when I load it into RCX and export a ProRes version, except with two clips, I just get the error "Error decoding: frame: xxx" No other errors till I try to export, and I get that error for every frame, it just counts through all the frames as it exports and then provides me with nothing, not even an all-black movie.

I've tried replacing the footage with the version from the backup drive, and I've also tried running it through REDUNDEAD. It's frustrating b/c I could literally step through all 14 seconds and export 336 tifs and import them into Premiere if I had to!

Anyone know what's going on? I've scoured this forum and the internet and am coming up empty.
    http://www.magicgoggles.com

Red Epic Dragon #7703 "Ilsa"

Joshua,

Try making a new Export Preset. Sometimes when you keep using the same export preset or the last export settings you've used many times before, it can become corrupt.

Thanks for the tip Rand!

Stacy from Red contacted me and he figured it out! I was exporting 4K with 3K source footage, and the Film Look effect didn't like that. Everything worked like a charm when I exported in 3K, and he's fixing the issue for the next build of RCX. Love these guys.
    http://www.magicgoggles.com

Red Epic Dragon #7703 "Ilsa"

Joshua,

Glad Stacy got things sorted out for you.