Thread: RED rosette adapter/replacement

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 RED rosette adapter/replacement 
    Hi all,

I've got a ton of RED AKS gear (Clutch system and a lot of assorted bracketry that uses rosettes) - and thanks to RED's unfathomable decision to invent their own slightly smaller rosette instead of the industry standard ARRI rosette - none of it is compatible with any piece of non-RED hardware.

I've seen some old threads from people who successfully replaced the rosettes on their RED gear with ARRI rosettes - but the relevant links/suppliers don't seem to be current. Has anyone got a lead on a solution? I was considering ordering something like this:
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._threaded.html
    But I just tried pulling an ARRI rosette off a piece of Wooden Camera gear, unscrewing the RED rosette off the bracket I'm trying to use and swapping them out - but of course the square extrusion on the underside of RED's rosette is smaller than ARRI standard - which means they're incompatible.
    I'd also hoped to use this as a stopgap:
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...e_Adapter.html
    But it's no longer available from either B&H or directly through Wooden Camera.

This is really frustrating given how many thousands of $$s I've dropped on RED camera support gear - and now other than a few baseplates on the Red Store - they seem to have abandoned all of that stuff leaving me with a bunch of incompatible scrap metal. Hey Jarred - any chance GDU could make replacement ARRI rosettes that fit the RED AKS square hole?

Cheers,
    Dan
    Attached Images

Same here...I really hope I'll never need replacement Parts for "The Clutch"
    Weapon CF Monstro #1119, Weapon Helium, Epic-X #7926 BAM, Raven #220

Same situation ... I love my Epic Dragon but my biggest regret is the rest of the Red ecosystem.
    Epic Dragon 4470,
    Sony Fs7
    Sony a7rII
    Contax Zeiss Primes
    DanaDolly
    tedparkes@rogers.com