Thread: Sigma 50-100 and 85mm not working again on build 7.2

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sigma 50-100 and 85mm not working again on build 7.2 
    I just updated to firmware 7.2 and had big hopes that the Sigma Art 50-100 and 85mm Art work again.
    Sad but I can not get them to focus and to change the aputure on the sidehandle because its N/A.

Does anyone know if there is a fix coming or which firmware was stable with these two lenses? i run firmware 2.1 on the sigmas because I got them like that.
    I went back to Version 7.0.4 on the Helium but it won´t work. Is there a way to downgrade the glass?

Thanks so much.
    Last edited by Alexander_Klose; 02-04-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    All we need is magination, a brain, a lens & a minimag

"ERIKA" RED HELIUM DSMC2 #0008325

PORTFILIO | ECN STUDIOS

Hi Alexander,

Same boat. I swear I had both iris & AF control working at one point, albeit some time ago, on the 18-35 & the 50-100 no probs, (maybe on Epic Dragon?).

Would be fab to get this working again as their fab performance lenses but I've seen people have been complaining here on RU about this issue for some time now so I'm sure it's no easy fix.

The old fix of: taking the lens on & off again, doesn't work any more either I've noticed!

: (

Craig Alexander Lees
    UK

Oh man thanks for the response.

Just updated to firmware the new release for Helium. 50-100 Art and 85 Art are still not working with Sigmas 2.1 firmware.
    Please RED fix that issue. The 85mm Art is really great in combination of foolcontrol and the Sidehandle but useless when its not recognised by the Brains firmware.

PORTFILIO | ECN STUDIOS

On the RED website it does say that the 50-100 is supported, but unfortunately I'm not able to use it as well. Hope they will fix it soon.

Same boat here with the 50-100 EF Mount. Have to remount it a few times before the camera sees it and sometimes I have to restart the camera.

Senior Member Bérenger Brillante's Avatar
    I have worked all day today with the 50-100 EF, on a Scarlet-W. Perfect behaviour. I have switched more then 15 times with the 18-35, and communication was flawless

7.1.0.1 on Red, but I can't say about the lens firmware. I have never upgraded it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bérenger Brillante View Post
    I have worked all day today with the 50-100 EF, on a Scarlet-W. Perfect behaviour. I have switched more then 15 times with the 18-35, and communication was flawless

7.1.0.1 on Red, but I can't say about the lens firmware. I have never upgraded it though.
    Thanks for the reply. If you have the posibillity to mount the lens on a canon camera or with the Sigma dock you can see the firmware in the sigma optimizer software or in canons menu.
    Would be great to know at least which version of the firmware works because I contacted sigma about the issue and they told me that they can downgrade the firmware If I send the lenses in. Will cost me 70euro (German Support) for the 85mm and 50-100 but at least the glass works again. I just don´t know which version of the olf firmwares would be the goto one to make it work again.

They also told me that they didn´t know about the issues and have never heard of these problems. The thing is that they not guaranty that the ART photolenses work on cinemacameras. only on DSLRs.

Thanks for your messages. I will forward a link to the thread and all necessary information to sigma and hope that they will fix this.

It would also be great If RED can check this problem and maybe find a fix for the next firmware.

PORTFILIO | ECN STUDIOS

Hey everyone,
    a little update on the 50-100 Art is out. Sigma released a new firmware which makes it kind of work again.
    The Iris and fucus are controllable. The EF mout is not recognising the lens every time I attached it but it works if its recognised.

Did someone tried the 14mm 1.4, the 14-24 or the 135mm art on the EF mount yet? Would be great to know if they work before buying one.

PORTFILIO | ECN STUDIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander_Klose View Post
    Hey everyone,
    a little update on the 50-100 Art is out. Sigma released a new firmware which makes it kind of work again.
    The Iris and fucus are controllable. The EF mout is not recognising the lens every time I attached it but it works if its recognised.

Did someone tried the 14mm 1.4, the 14-24 or the 135mm art on the EF mount yet? Would be great to know if they work before buying one.
    I have a 14-24 and a variety of other Sigma art lenses I can test out on 7.2 on my Gemini.

14-24mm seems to work fine and all data is read by camera as expected. Gemini DSMC2 on firmware 7.2.0. Smooth focusing with DSMC2 side handle.