Thread: Sigma 50-100 and 85mm not working again on build 7.2

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hey andrew, thanks very much for testing the 14-24. Great that it works.
    All we need is magination, a brain, a lens & a minimag

"ERIKA" RED HELIUM DSMC2 #0008325

PORTFILIO | ECN STUDIOS

Senior Member Bérenger Brillante's Avatar
    The 14mm is working perfectly with the EF mount and 7.1.0.1

Can Confirm, Just updated to 7.2 while my Sigma reps were upgrading our lens firmware and sure enough the 50-100MM is NOT working. No aperture or focus control.

I have the same problem with the Sigma 18-35 on Helium...

5. #15 Sigma 20mm art not working ef mount 
    Hi guys I have the problem with sigma 20mm art. Not recognized by red dsmc2 ef mount. I am sure i was using it like year ago with older camera firmware. Dont know how to fix it. Tryed to lens firmware update. Not working

Just tried the 50-100mm with a Nikon mount.... no aperture control Very disappointing
    David Wright
    DP / Producer
    www.expeditioncamera.com

I had to sell my Sigma lens over this issue, kinda sucks since they are so nice. I went to Tamrons and they still have the issue. Needs to be fixed asap really. Should be at the top of the list I would think since so many users use DSLR based glass.

It's been ten years since Red first released the Digital Still Motion Camera, the platform they built the company on.

These lenses are considered to be the best internally driven lenses on sale. Internally driven stills lenses were the whole idea behind DSMC. Stills and Motion.

Hell, the 18-35 in the Raven kit is the only lens Red has sold since the Red Pros.

But Red doesn't care enough to make the firmware not break them, or even enough to fix the firmware when it does.

Ok,

I am not sure if this will be a solution to everyone, but this seemed to work for my Sigma Art 50-100mm EF lens on my RED Epic-W Helium:

When I mount the Sigma lens onto my camera, I would get no communication between the lens and camera. I then would twist on and twist back the lens onto the mount, but to no avail.

So I decided to HOLD DOWN the RELEASE BUTTON on the lens mount while I twisted the lens into the mount. Once the lens was fully twisted in, I released the RELEASE BUTTON on the lens mount, and slightly twisted the lens counter-clockwise (like as if you were removing the lens from the mount), and the lens would "click" into the mount. All of a sudden, the lens made internal noises and was connected to the camera. I had control of the aperture and everything. This has been working for me so far. I'm not sure if this is the be all end all answer to everyones problem, but I hope it might work for everyone! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Rodriguez View Post
    Ok,

I am not sure if this will be a solution to everyone, but this seemed to work for my Sigma Art 50-100mm EF lens on my RED Epic-W Helium:

When I mount the Sigma lens onto my camera, I would get no communication between the lens and camera. I then would twist on and twist back the lens onto the mount, but to no avail.

So I decided to HOLD DOWN the RELEASE BUTTON on the lens mount while I twisted the lens into the mount. Once the lens was fully twisted in, I released the RELEASE BUTTON on the lens mount, and slightly twisted the lens counter-clockwise (like as if you were removing the lens from the mount), and the lens would "click" into the mount. All of a sudden, the lens made internal noises and was connected to the camera. I had control of the aperture and everything. This has been working for me so far. I'm not sure if this is the be all end all answer to everyones problem, but I hope it might work for everyone! :)
    Thanks for the tip! Will try that if it happens again. But I still think its also a firmware problem and needs improvements to make it work propperly.
    All we need is magination, a brain, a lens & a minimag

"ERIKA" RED HELIUM DSMC2 #0008325

PORTFILIO | ECN STUDIOS