Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RCX v51 Beta 3 Release

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 RCX v51 Beta 3 Release 
    Public Beta - Windows Only

NVIDIA BUILD!!!!

https://www.red.com/downloads/option...6144&version=2

Release Notes:
    Added: Accelerated R3D decompression on supported NVIDIA CUDA GPUs
    Added: Image Noise Reduction Panel
    Chroma Noise Reduction in IPP2 (On/Off) [Full Demosaic Only]
    Flashing Pixels (Off, Mild, Medium, Strong)
    NOTE: To add/remove panels, right click-on panel area to reveal drop down to select appropriate panel
    Added: HDR support for select AJA and Blackmagic Design devices
    Added: Viewer Window IPP2 / Primary Development Only view toggle
    Added: REDline CDL export
    Added: REDline Primary Development Only export
    Added: Startup splash screen
    Enhanced: Cleaned up the default REDCINE-X Pro Home Page
    Enhanced: ProRes 4444 XQ no longer restricted to just log output
    Enhanced: ProRes encoder now sets Rec.2020 and HDR-2084 metadata
    Enhanced: Creative 3D LUT ALT-key Preview mode lock
    Fixed: RMD file Creative 3D LUT fixes

Overview:
    Significantly improved 8K playback and transcode performance on NVIDIA CUDA GPUs *
    NEW Chroma Noise Reduction Algorithm [Full Demosaic Only - IPP2 Only] *
    Algorithm is designed to tastefully remove chroma noise while fully preserving image detail
    Works as part of the demosaic and thus does not blur the chroma
    Provides an improvement over D.E.B by reducing color shift in the deepest of shadows, allowing for use in very high ISO environments
    Part of the upcoming R3D SDK for NLEs
    NEW Adjustable Flashing Pixels Algorithm (Off, Mild, Medium, Strong) [Full Demosaic Only] *
    Algorithm removes random flashing pixels without any loss of detail, as is typical in other traditional noise reduction techniques
    Targets pixels in the RAW data ahead of the demosaic
    Part of the upcoming R3D SDK for NLEs
    Added: HDR support for select AJA and Blackmagic Design devices
    Selecting 2084 or HLG as gamma option auto-enables HDR for AJA & BMD (if supported)
    Cleaned up the default REDCINE-X Pro Home Page
    Additional bugs and improvements

* Part of upcoming R3D SDK Release

NOTES:
    BETA Build performance may fluctuate between builds as improvements continue to be made
    Dual GPUs currently do not provide performance improvements

Providing Feedback:
    Post your feedback and input on the RED Public BETA Forum: https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/com...-PRO-v51-Forum ( requires log-in )

E-mail us your user reports, system logs and summary of your experience: redbetasw@red.com
    NOTE: Go to: HELP >> Save Report
    NOTE: Go to: HELP >> Save System Information
    Last edited by Brent Carter; 02-05-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Just in time. Got my new Nvidia laptop today!!! :)

I’m happy for the windows, but lets get mac’n

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestizo Devon View Post
    I’m happy for the windows, but lets get mac’n
    As soon as Mac supports Nvidia then sure :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    As soon as Mac supports Nvidia then sure :)
    I know its not on REDs end��

Thanks Jarred!

I know it's a long shot, but I wonder if a beast nVidia card in an eGPU box that both decoded and drove the display could be independent of the OS?

Perhaps even more interesting would be a display/GPU combo that could play back 8K from modest hardware. Modern SSDs from Samsung and others can read at over 500MB/s. TB2/3 and most USB-TypeC protocols can handle that easily. Just thinking out loud. Props to the RedTeam and nVidia for making this happen!

Cheers - #19

Lots of people still running High Sierra until Apple gets their poop together... It still supports CUDA.

Also, WTF! Chroma noise reduction and flashing pixel removal? Pre-demosaic?! That sounds just as rad as the GPU demosaic! I hope/presume this is doable even if you don't have an nVidia card? Does does that mean DEB is no longer, or that it cleans it even further (I always wondered why a DEB-like function couldn't be used on all footage/colour channels.). Would *love* to see some comparisons for this (compared to DEB, compared to the current chroma noise slider, etc.)

Is the reason that it's IPP2 only? (I wouldn't go back from IPP2, I'm just curious.)
    Is the Chroma noise reduction going to be added to a Mac release beta any time soon?

UPDATE: Balls, 6gb vRAM requirement for GPU decompression? Will that change at all in the future (for lower than 8k resolution footage or lower playback quality like 1/4)?
    Last edited by Mike P.; 02-05-2019 at 05:02 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    Chroma noise reduction and flashing pixel removal? Pre-demosaic?! That sounds just as rad as the GPU demosaic! I hope/presume this is doable even if you don't have an nVidia card?
    Chroma Noise Reduction is supported in CUDA, OpenCL, and software.

Does does that mean DEB is no longer, or that it cleans it even further
    In IPP2 mode, Chroma Noise Reduction replaces DEB. DEB is still available in Legacy mode.

Is the Chroma noise reduction going to be added to a Mac release beta any time soon?
    Stay tuned... We aren't yet sure if the next beta will include a MAC version. And if the next beta release does include a MAC version, we aren't sure what features it will contain. But we are targeting a MAC beta release with Chroma Noise Reduction.

UPDATE: Balls, 6gb vRAM requirement for GPU decompression? Will that change at all in the future (for lower than 8k resolution footage or lower playback quality like 1/4)?
    Possibly, we have some ideas, but we can't make any promises yet. If we are able to lower the vRAM requirement, it probably won't be a lot lower. A lot of the speed we gained was from pre-allocating the vRAM instead of allocating it as needed. Because we are now pre-allocating, instead of allocating as needed, we need to allocate for worst case decompression scenarios, so most of the time, we end up allocating more memory than we end up using.
    If you can't reproduce it, it must have been caused by the pulse generated by the mass synchronization of digital watches.

Thanks for the response Steven!

So I’m hoping that CNR tab is objectively better than DEB across all sensors (particularly [DSMC1] Dragon, since that’s what it was intended for)?

Also, and I’m just crossing fingers and spitballin’ here, what about force linking a lower playback resolution to lower vRam requirement. (e.g. 6gb allows up to 1/1, 4gb only up to 1/2, and 2gb only up to 1/4)? And if possible popping to 1/1 when paused... I’d just love speedier playback, even at the lower resolutions... (no hitching/buffering 6k 5:1 at 1/4 on my MBP would be pretty dope).