Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RCX v51 Beta 3 Release

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks for the update Jarred. One thing I noticed is that the gpu option is now grayed out and it doesnt seem to as responsive as the previous version. . I'm sure this is all user error so any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks for always pushing the envelope.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized that on this version, the red rocket-x needs to be disabled in order for the gpu's to be used as well as the CNR option is only available if the red rocket-x is disabled much like how D.E.B used to be.

John Brennick
    Sr. Compositor
    Digital Domain
    www.johnbrennick.com
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1562986/

Hi RED Team,

thanks from this build, i got realtime Playback of 5k Gemini 4:1 footage in 1/2 even on my older GTX970 and almost realtime on my gtx1050 laptop.
    It's awesome but the playback isn't very smooth then. Don't know it's bcause i just have 4gb of vram or because it's the beta. Just want to let you know.
    So it renders fast, doesn't drop frames it's just a bit choppy in playback. when i render without gpu it takes longer of course but the playback is smooth.

Keep up the great work, i wil update to a rtx2070 soon and can't wait to have the boost in premiere.

greetings from germany
    Marcus

Senior Member Raphael_Carpenter's Avatar
    Thanx for for the update Jarred, Looking forward to test it today. Is it supporting Multi GPU configuration?

greetings

STEADICAM | PHOTOGRAPHER | FILMMAKER

WEAPON 6K / ALEXA MINI / COOKE / MASTER PRIMES
    www.nice-shot.co.uk | RedFilms.tv

Thanks for the hard work guys. There's a few things in there, like the HDR metadata on ProRes that we've been dying for. Great job.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

The performance is great. I am having one issue however. When enabling both GPU debayer and monitor out via Decklink SDI the image in the UI gets all corrupted. The image on my external SDI monitor is fine. If i disable monitor out then the UI image returns to normal.

This is using Titan RTX

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael_Carpenter View Post
    Is it supporting Multi GPU configuration?
    The Multi GPU support isn't where we want it, yet. So this beta doesn't officially support Multi GPU configurations.

In a Multi GPU configuration, if you drop a clip into the project pane and up the project's frame rate, it may playback faster. However frames generated on the CUDA cards that aren't directly wired to the monitor may occasionally contain image rendering issues. Fixing those image rendering issues will likely effect Multi GPU performance, so don't expect that this beta's Multi GPU frame rates will be obtainable in future releases.
    If you can't reproduce it, it must have been caused by the pulse generated by the mass synchronization of digital watches.

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Meyer View Post
    When enabling both GPU debayer and monitor out via Decklink SDI the image in the UI gets all corrupted. The image on my external SDI monitor is fine. If i disable monitor out then the UI image returns to normal.
    This is a known issue. Anytime the playback is directed to an external monitor, that requires a different pixel format than the REDCINE-X viewer window, the image displayed on the external monitor should be correct, but the image displayed in the REDCINE-X viewer window will probably be bad. This is due to one of the frame rate playback optimizations we added. We are planning to correct it.
    If you can't reproduce it, it must have been caused by the pulse generated by the mass synchronization of digital watches.

this is awesome!!! gtx 1080 seems to work better in opencl..... it might be a hair faster in cuda but the footage seemed to playback choppy in cuda for me

I can play 8k 24fps footage in real-time with my 4-year-old workstation. It gets pretty closing to maxing out my 1080ti card, but the CPU use is only around 20%! 5k and 6k footage is no sweat at all! Very impressive!
    Twitter: @hybridvigorfilm

Hybrid Vigor is a 100% crowdfunded feature film.
    We've been backed over 1,900 times by people from 44 countries.

10.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Gwilliam View Post
    this is awesome!!!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Gwilliam View Post
    gtx 1080 seems to work better in opencl..... it might be a hair faster in cuda but the footage seemed to playback choppy in cuda for me
    The choppiness or stuttering is a known issue. And it appears that it could have multiple causes. We aren't completely sure what is causing it. It would be very helpful if you could get in touch with us via the Feedback channels.

Providing Feedback:
    Post your feedback and input on the RED Public BETA Forum: https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/com...-PRO-v51-Forum ( requires log-in )

E-mail us your user reports, system logs and summary of your experience: redbetasw@red.com
    NOTE: Go to: HELP >> Save Report
    NOTE: Go to: HELP >> Save System Information