Thread: RCX not creating RMD files

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 RCX not creating RMD files 
    Hi! I've been working in RCX all day doing some color correction. I have some older files from 2015 when I had an Epic-X. With that camera it was easy to accidently hit the tint button. I used to do that a lot. Now I have 3 days of really screwed up footage tint wise that needs fixing. Normally when I've done that in the past I drag the tint slider back to zero, a small rmd file is created and I move on to the next clip with no rendering necessary. Three hours ago that was working. Now it isn't. No rmd files are being created. I'm using the most current version of RCX on an iMac Pro. I've turned RCX on and off and the computer on and off with no difference.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Judy

Judy,

You might want to check to see if RCX is still setup to save a .RMD file automatically. Or, If you want to always start with the look of the .R3D originally out of camera, disable the Auto function and just save a new .RMD "manually" when you make a final decision on the look.

To "Automatically" save an updated .RMD, Go To "Edit" then "Preferences", then select "Automatically Save RMD Files"

To Save it "Manually", Next to the "RGB" tab, under the "Cog Wheel" Icon select "Save RMD".

You may have to Re-install Redcine-X again. But before you do that, If you still have problems, go to "Preferences" then Enable "Verbose Logging"

Next, see if you can recreate the same problem again. Then go to "Help" then "Show Log File.."

It should show you a file or a list of files like this, choose the most recent one. Copy this file

This is what that info looks like.

If Red needs your system Info, go to "Help" then "Save System Information" this will then ask where you want to save it. then it copies your system info.

Save both files and send them to https://support.red.com

They should be able to help you solve whatever problem there is
    Last edited by rand thompson; 02-12-2019 at 04:50 PM.

3. #3 Thank you! 
    Hi Rand, I really appreciate all of your detailed information. I've had the preferences set up to automatically save an rmd file from the beginning. I turned my computer off a while ago and left it off for a few hours. (not that I think the amount of time is significant.) Now it will create rmd files but when I drag the slider in the tint bar I get a spinning ball while it creates the file. The combination of the fact that the file is super small and, supposedly, my iMac Pro is super fast makes me wonder why it would do that. And not just once. It spins and stops several times as I'm getting the slider to exactly zero. But it works so I'll live with that.

I also appreciate you pointing out how to save a rmd manually. That was a new one for me. Much appreciated.

Thank you!
    Judy

Judy,

You're Welcome!

BTW,

Under "Preferences" and "System", what memory and what "GPU Mode Selection" do you have?