Thread: Premiere 2019 - BSOD

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Premiere 2019 - BSOD 
    Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Did a regular 1080p job with some 4K material and all of a sudden, boom, BSOD crash. I've been working with PP 2018 for a while and no problems, but PP 2019 gave me two BSOD crashes in a row.
    I tried searching online for any info, but mostly just "support-like" jargons that don't help at all.

Checking the code on the BSOD and it shows WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

The best answer I got was that a Gigabyte X299 board a few years ago had this problem and that the solution was to go into bios and reduce the CPU voltage. But I own an Asus X299 and an Intel i9 with 16 cores and water cooling. 64gb RAM. The code relates to hardware problems, but I've only encountered BSOD with Premiere 2019 and actually ONLY that since I bought the system 10 months ago.

How can Premiere 2019 do hardware errors that result in a BSOD? I've read that some people with the old Gigabyte issues got their PC to crash so hard that it wouldn't restart. If this is true, then there's no way I'm using 2019 until Adobe fixes their shit.

Anyone else got similar problems?
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links
    Epic Dragon & Canon CN-E street test
    Red Epic - Noise Reduction Test - Stockholm 2014
    Red Epic - Stockholm HDRx Test

First and foremost look deeper into that error. If you have any overclocking enabled, disable it. It's likely something related to that or even a bad radiator. It's the load Premiere is pushing on the CPU that's putting it in that state. Which would happen with other heavy lifter multi-threaded packages too. I've seen the error twice in the past, both were due to to cooler or overclocking a bit beyond what it should be.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    First and foremost look deeper into that error. If you have any overclocking enabled, disable it. It's likely something related to that or even a bad radiator. It's the load Premiere is pushing on the CPU that's putting it in that state. Which would happen with other heavy lifter multi-threaded packages too. I've seen the error twice in the past, both were due to to cooler or overclocking a bit beyond what it should be.
    The setup is brand new, water-cooling, no overclocking, use hyperthreading but it doesn't go over the Ghz limit for the processor. No other software does this, I get it by editing 1080p MP4 material in PP 2019, but editing, grading and compositing 6K R3D files in Resolve works great, same goes for RCX and Avid. I can do it with PP 2018 which still works, it's just PP 2019 that does this.

So all points on Adobe screwing up the code. If it is like the old bug that I mentioned, it's that Premiere pushes the processor to draw more wattage, which is a crazy bug that could damage the setup.
    If pushed it through CineBench by letting it go over and over and it pushes the system to its limits without any problems occurring.

I will use PP 2018 for now, hopefully Adobe will fix this since it's a very scary bug to say the least.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links

I've continued editing in PP 2018 without problems so far. It more and more leans towards some really shitty code in PP 2019 by Adobe.
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links

what is Adobe’s response to you? I find that with so many computer configurations out there, you have to work directly with these companies to assess your unique situation so they can diagnose problem, then find a solution for you or if indeed bad code make a fix in next rev.
    Steve Sherrick

I can't even get 2019 to open on my Mac, that's how bad it is here. I've installed and re-installed several times and it'll work for a few minutes occasionally, freeze up, then I can't even get the program to open at all.

You get what you pay for...wait a minute then it should run solid!!! Adobe need to step up there game. I still edit in 2017 since its the smoothest playback on my workstation. Im trying to go to 2019 for some cc thoe but I get black video when I switch over to ipp2. But that problem is not to be discussed in this thread. Best luck to you.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

You get what you pay for...
    Except my rig is top of the line, literary the top priced and carefully chosen parts for high-end post. So, it's Adobe bullshit. I don't mind crashing bugs and stuff like that, just keep auto-saves fresh and it'll work fine. But a crash that might risk the integrity of the entire desktop, that's so badly coded it's downright laughable.
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links

PP 2019 working great for me, FWIW. (on windows 10). Cutting multi layered 8K monstro.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Meyer View Post
    PP 2019 working great for me, FWIW. (on windows 10). Cutting multi layered 8K monstro.
    It's not the performance that's the problem, it's that it seems to feed more voltage into the processor. I didn't get problems with Red footage, but with regular 1080p mp4 videos.
    What motherboard and processor do you have?
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links