Thread: Third-party extensions for Davinci? And plugins

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Third-party extensions for Davinci? And plugins 
    Is there any third-party extensions for Davinci that is worth to mention? Like for shutterstock, frame.io, Simon Says transcription or similar?

Or plugins
    Is it essential to get neat noise reduction or is the built in close enough or better?
    Any audio plugins that is a must have.
    Izotope rx7, is it possible to run it inside of fairlight instead of an external app?
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Joel ,

I like the 3DLUT Creator plugin I use for Davinci Resolve, you can also get a cheaper ripoff software call Nobe.

By MeisnerMedia

Published on Feb 4, 2019
    Nobe Color Remap and 3D LUT creator are two of the more powerful color correction plugins on the market. How to they stack up to the built in tools in Davinci Resolve 15? In this video you'll see what a big difference the right tool can make. (its pretty amazing)

I Don't really like the OFX version of Neat Video for Resolve, It has so many Caveats, atleast IMHO, and the noise reductions already inside of resolve does about as well as if not better than Neat Video plugin.

Here's an interesting article from Creative cow examining the audio capabilities in Fairlight when it was initially introduced in Davinci Resolve 14.

https://library.creativecow.net/arti...irlight&page=1

However, officially Isotopes website doesn't show Resolve or Fairlight as a supported host for RX7.

However, it may work.
    Last edited by rand thompson; 03-02-2019 at 02:16 PM.

my # 1 plug-in choice is Paul Dore's OFX
    absloute bonus that they are free, as they are absolute gold

also free and worth installing is HitFilm's lite package

i have the paid version of HitFim, mainly use it for 3D muzzle flashes, not much beyond that

i also have BCC and Saphire, but they are seeing much less use than this time a year ago... the utlity/fixes in Resolve's native tools are getting better, and are mlies faster, but BCC's Restore box has some tools with no analoge in Resolve's native OFX

mainly use BCC and Spahire to conform shows that used them in offline, and as such they are billable expences

Resolve's native NR is fine, and really fast - untill you hit something really nasty, then Neat is not going to do much either, and it's time to turn to image resoration tools

Neat is not worth the cost in Resolve, and i own a licence... never use it as it's insanely slllooooooowwwwwww, and just not appreacably better than the native.. i'd save the money if only for Resolve,

i use my licence of Neat in other software where it's the best choice by far due to the native NR being basicly nothing more than a median filter

in the Nobe -vs- 3DL thing i vote for neither....

Dermont,

I'll have to try Paul Dore's OFx Plug-in. I had forgotten about Boris Continuum Complete and Genart's Sapphire since a few years back when I was still using Avid Media Composer with the Symphony option. I'll have to test the trial OFX plug-ins for both in Resolve, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermot Shane View Post
    in the Nobe -vs- 3DL thing i vote for neither....
    are you using your own methods or don’t like these particular tools?
    Steve Sherrick

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherrick View Post
    are you using your own methods or don’t like these particular tools?
    they are both very clever, but slow to use in a client attended session with a feature to get through screening in a day...

i think if one was NOT under tight deadlines with exc's with finite time to focus on the show in the suite... either would make more sense - in terms of workflow Nobe seems a better choice as it uses the I/O card and 3DL was limited to working in the ui mon only.. a bit of a issue with clients in the room

another place they would seem to be a great fit is comericals, there i have all day to grade 27 seconds of shots... when testing both 3DL and Nobe that was the place they could shine

and i'm thinking folks without fixed deadlines and perahps without a callibrated mon would find either to be an advantage, just not in my typical workflow

Quote Originally Posted by Dermot Shane View Post
    they are both very clever, but slow to use in a client attended session with a feature to get through screening in a day...

i think if one was NOT under tight deadlines with exc's with finite time to focus on the show in the suite... either would make more sense - in terms of workflow Nobe seems a better choice as it uses the I/O card and 3DL was limited to working in the ui mon only.. a bit of a issue with clients in the room

another place they would seem to be a great fit is comericals, there i have all day to grade 27 seconds of shots... when testing both 3DL and Nobe that was the place they could shine

and i'm thinking folks without fixed deadlines and perahps without a callibrated mon would find either to be an advantage, just not in my typical workflow
    Thanks. I agree 100%. My use of these is exactly as you describe. and the i.o. will be a great addition to 3DL.
    Steve Sherrick

Thanks Again Dermot! I will be spending a lot of time in the next few days and weeks learning how to use and utilize these Paul Dore OFX plugins more effectively.

Qualifier

VideoGrade

Replace

Matrix

HueConverge

Frequency Seperation

Film Grade

Convolution

SoftClip

Aces 1.1

ChannelBox

Last edited by rand thompson; 03-03-2019 at 11:13 PM.