Thread: Lens metadata in FCP

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Lens metadata in FCP 
    I recently discovered the lens metadata tab in the menus on my Gemini (page 152 in the manual). I thought it would be nice to manually enter the focal length and have it be stored in the clip metadata, since I use Sigma Cine primes that don't communicate with the brain.

However, when I import a clip into FCP, that metadata doesn't seem to be accessible anywhere. I've tried customizing the inspector in FCP, but nothing related to the lens or focal length even shows up. It seems as though only properties filed under Camera, Spotlight, or Studio are actually displayed in the inspector, and most of the lens-related properties belong to EXIF or Image.

I tried looking for it in RCX too, but I can't find it there either. Does anyone know how to access this info? Thanks!

In case anyone else runs into this, it turns out that I hadn't enabled the lens-specific fields within the metadata tab in RCX. Enabling those allows access to some of the lens metadata, but not the minimum and maximum focal lengths: name, serial number, owner, and manufacturer. Good enough for me. Alas, FCP doesn't allow access to any of it.