Thread: Batch editing Master R3D meta data from Adobe Premiere instead of 1 by 1

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Batch editing Master R3D meta data from Adobe Premiere instead of 1 by 1 
    Does anyone know if there is an easy way to batch edit multiple 'Master' R3D meta data instead of in the Effect Controls panel in adobe premiere. For example, if I wanted to set the ISO for all clips from say 800 to 1600, right now I am doing it one by one by clicking each clip in Premiere, then master, then changing the ISO, going to the next clip, etc. Is there a way to somehow copy and paste the attributes based on one clip like you could with the non-master file?

I thought a work around would be to batch edit the R3D's in Cine-X which, save RMD, then reopen the Adobe Premiere project but it seems to keep the same meta data as previously saved unless I individually click reload from RMD in the Master file. Speaking of which, is there a way to save all RMD's in Cine-X without having to right click each individual clip once I do a bulk paste?

A solution to either or both of these would save me a lot of time, any tips would be appreciated.

Senior Member Marcus Friedlander's Avatar
    I don't think it's possible to copy and paste R3D metadata in premiere.

But I believe if you unlink and relink all your media it should reload the RMD.

And there is a setting in RC-X for automatically saving RMD data.

If you select all your clips in your bin and right click on them > source settings, it'll open up a new window. From there you can change your settings and batch apply to all of the selected clips.

On the Master Effects Panel you can right click and create a user preset which you could apply to multiple clips in a bin, but it's sort of a do all and you can't exactly copy specific metadata fields only like you can in REDCINE-X Pro.

You can do the select all source settings thing to if you deselect the FX in the Master Effects tab and then right click source settings on selected clips.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

My only issue with batch editing R3D's through source settings is that then the 'Master Effects' tab is mute so if you're doing any color grading in Premiere with Lumetri, you have to use 'Source Settings' and it takes a bit more time. But if you're outputting for a DaVinci grade or other software then go for it.
    Levi Arnold
    Creative Director | Cinematographer
    Open Fire Media, LLC
    219-208-0720
    Chicago and Indianapolis

Rentals available: Jimmy Jib, RED Epic Dragon, MoVI.

When I made this thread I forgot the actual reason I needed to do this was so that it displays RedWideGumetRGB / Log3G10 in Premiere. For some reason by default it shows 2 color spaces and gammacurves in premiere master effects tab (the other two are defaulted as DC2/RG4). I need it as RWG/Log3g10 only. I'd still like the option of batch adding DEB, ISO, WB, etc., I don't mind if it applies to all files.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Friedlander View Post
    I don't think it's possible to copy and paste R3D metadata in premiere.

But I believe if you unlink and relink all your media it should reload the RMD.

And there is a setting in RC-X for automatically saving RMD data.
    The automatically save RMD data is already selected in RC-X, I guess it will apply when I save the RC-X project? I will give this a shot, not sure if it will solve the issue of converting to RedWideGumetRGB / Log3G10 in premiere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Glass View Post
    If you select all your clips in your bin and right click on them > source settings, it'll open up a new window. From there you can change your settings and batch apply to all of the selected clips.
    I tried this but the source settings is grey so I cannot click it in the right click menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    On the Master Effects Panel you can right click and create a user preset which you could apply to multiple clips in a bin, but it's sort of a do all and you can't exactly copy specific metadata fields only like you can in REDCINE-X Pro.

You can do the select all source settings thing to if you deselect the FX in the Master Effects tab and then right click source settings on selected clips.
    I am a bit lost, I click/highlight one R3D file in premiere, go to master effects, make the changes of that one R3D that I want applied to the other R3D's, right click Red Source Settings, click save preset, and save the preset (tried with scale option, anchor to in point, and anchor to out point selected), nothing happens to the other R3D files. When I chose copy instead of save preset in the same menu, I am able to then paste that master metadata to another R3D and it works fine (if I click the master effects tab, right click red source settings, and click paste) but I can't paste to multiple selected R3D's. Still a shortcut but would be nice to be able to paste it in bulk.