Thread: Problems With Color

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Problems With Color 
    Hi!

I'm having some problem with the color in my clips, especially when I compare it with other clips.

We share it with images: The first image corresponds to the colors of my video, using "X-rite ColorCheker".

And the second image is what I want to achieve.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks and best regards

Are you doing color grading and balancing? Also do you block the whole image and just leave the 6 color. Mzed has an amazing course for color grading.
    Instagram: @rv12
    Vimeo: @rv12

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo Violante View Post
    Are you doing color grading and balancing? Also do you block the whole image and just leave the 6 color. Mzed has an amazing course for color grading.
    Both are with the color "IPP2". What I do not understand is how I can make the color more pure, that it does not "diffuse"

Are Resolves scope readings based off of the playback resolution? If so, it might be worth putting debayer/viewing to Full/full resolution, and see if the scope gets tighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    Are Resolves scope readings based off of the playback resolution? If so, it might be worth putting debayer/viewing to Full/full resolution, and see if the scope gets tighter.
    The debayer is full / complete resolution, I start to think that it is a problem in the shot, but I do not get the purity of the color.

Thanks for your approach

What happens if you color-correct it in an outboard program like Resolve? These are fixable issues.

Note that the X-Rite Color Checker is a notoriously inaccurate chart, especially for saturation values. I would suggest using one of the DSC charts again, and those are guaranteeed to be accurate. The DSC Chroma DuMonde is what I usually request:

Be warned that the chart lighting and camera color temperature will affect the accuracy of the looks.
    marc wielage, csi • colorist/post consultant • daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

What were your shooting settings? A fuzzy or undefined vectorscope (aka lots of chrominance variation) could be a sign of chroma noise, so make sure you're hitting the sensor with enough light or run some subtle chroma noise reduction in post.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Wielage View Post
    What happens if you color-correct it in an outboard program like Resolve? These are fixable issues.

Note that the X-Rite Color Checker is a notoriously inaccurate chart, especially for saturation values. I would suggest using one of the DSC charts again, and those are guaranteeed to be accurate. The DSC Chroma DuMonde is what I usually request:

Be warned that the chart lighting and camera color temperature will affect the accuracy of the looks.
    Tenga en cuenta que las dos imágenes que he usado son "X-rite color checker". Intenté corregirlo en el post pero aún no consigo la misma apariencia. ¿Hay alguna posibilidad de que el sensor esté dañado?

Check this image with 18% gray:

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    What were your shooting settings? A fuzzy or undefined vectorscope (aka lots of chrominance variation) could be a sign of chroma noise, so make sure you're hitting the sensor with enough light or run some subtle chroma noise reduction in post.
    My shooting settings are: ISO 500, T/2, color IPP2, 1/48, 23,97 FPS. I check the exposure with the false color, so I do not think that's the problem. Or so I think.

There is also chromatic variation in 18% gray:

Here I leave a link with the .R3D file for you to test yourself. Maybe you can fix it in post. The file is very light.

This is giving me a headache. I appreciate all the help

.R3D: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hcbjvnuo4...U_001.R3D?dl=0