Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: GROUP BUY - Inovativ Voyager

Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast
    The last update a week ago said that the carts would ship out last week to Adorama and they did! Officially it was the largest ever shipment for Inovativ! Thanks to everyone for making it a big success and most of all thanks for your patience.

Carts will be on their way to everyone soon!
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

Stoked!
    Aaron Green - Chicago, IL
    DRAGON X
    www.instagram.com/aaronkgreen

Sad that I missed this!
    justin chin
    infinite machine
    www.infinitemachine.com

Just called Adorama for info on my order, was told that no product has been received from the manufacturer for this order.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Emerick View Post
    Just called Adorama for info on my order, was told that no product has been received from the manufacturer for this order.
    Unfortunately, I experienced the same thing yesterday. I called Adorama to check on the status of my order, and the CSR insisted that they have "not received any stock of any product from Inovativ since February". When I told the CSR that I'd seen the image posted above of the shipment, the Adorama CSR suggested, and I quote "that the company is not telling the truth" about having shipped this to Adorama. Now, I've worked in and around NY for a decade, and I avoid Adorama like the plague except when I have to use them, as this sort of thing is par for the course with them, so I took that very serious accusation with a giant grain of salt.

Called Inovativ hoping for some clarity, and spoke with a very nice and competent sounding CSR (Tracy, or Stacy?) who checked, and verified that the initial shipment had gone out.

Called Adorama back, and spoke with another CSR who I asked once again, in greater detail, about shipments from Inovativ, and who told me that Adorama has a buyer who coordinates large orders, and that looking in their system, they had not received any stock whatsoever since February of this year. Pretty alarming claim.....

For now I'm just chalking this up to Adorama as a company, and their CSRs being absolute and complete imbeciles of the highest order, and requesting that if folks on Red User do group buys in the future that they consider doing so through another vendor like B&H or Markertek.

Thanks for checking. Thats pretty shitty. Im sure there is a valid reason but why is Adorama even involved? Inovativ couldn’t process all of the individual payments?
    Aaron Green - Chicago, IL
    DRAGON X
    www.instagram.com/aaronkgreen

Quote Originally Posted by David Parrott View Post
    Pretty alarming claim.....

For now I'm just chalking this up to Adorama as a company, and their CSRs being absolute and complete imbeciles of the highest order, and requesting that if folks on Red User do group buys in the future that they consider doing so through another vendor like B&H or Markertek.
    Hi there, I'm the person who coordinated this GB and numerous other successful group buys and I can tell you that the carts have been received by Adorama. I posted an update and a photo of the carts going out a week ago. You can look at my post history for an example of my dedication to making sure everyone gets taken care of during these GBs. The carts ship from CA to NY are then processed by the warehouse and go out to individual customers.

However, because this order was so large, it went to a special warehouse and wasn't processed in the normal system. Which is why the CS reps weren't aware it had been received. I saw this post and even though I'm working today, I took the time out to find out what is going on so I could post this update.

Both Adorama and Inovativ have been incredible partners throughout this experience. In the past few months Adorama has successfully delivered large orders of Geminis, EasyRigs and Titan Tubes at a serious discount and we're now working hard to complete Voyager. I'm sorry for any delay in receiving your purchase but it's not because of Inovativ or the team at Adorama. Orders of this magnitude take both considerable time and financial resources to complete.

If anything, I was personally too optimistic about the lead time I quoted in my payment email. My apologies.

Carts are shipping out THIS WEEK from the Adorama warehouse. I have confirmed this. Thanks again to everyone for your patience.
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Wears View Post
    Hi there, I'm the person who coordinated this GB ....
    Hey Travis, I should have probably noted it in my reply above, and was actually thinking of going back and editing it earlier to such effect, but I certainly dont put any blame on you, but instead gratitude for organizing this. Its an immense undertaking I'm sure, dealing with all the orders and people stressing about their shipments and such. So just to be entirely clear, thank you thank you thank you for putting this together I think the overwhelming majority of the folks here understand that large orders face delays. You're a great dude for having made this happen.

And I didn't mean to imply the photo was a deception. I figured that it was something exactly like Travis explained in his latest post but got a bit nervous when Adorama told me they had no product. I never thought the group buy was in real danger, but, hey, I'm human. Happy I participated in this and happy Travis does these things purely gratis. The savings are truly wonderful, thanks!

I just got a shipping notice from Adorama. It seems things are moving along.
    [SIZE="1"]R. Austin Glass | Seattle, WA
    DP / MoVI
    Epic-W #000346 | Scarlet-W #000368
    Twitter | IMDb