Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: GROUP BUY - Inovativ Voyager

Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
    Hey Travis!

Any updates on when the next batch is going out? I was a little later getting my payment in so I'm assuming I'm part of this later group.

Thanks again!

I got my baby pin riser today and its definitely aluminum.
    Aaron Green - Chicago, IL
    DRAGON X
    www.instagram.com/aaronkgreen

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cheong View Post
    Hey Travis!

Any updates on when the next batch is going out? I was a little later getting my payment in so I'm assuming I'm part of this later group.

Thanks again!
    Next batch is on it's way to Adorama this week. Expect an update soon.
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

Got my baby pin adapter and it's of the heavy, weird multi color variety.
    The Chief @ Chimaeric
    Director + Colorist + DP
    http://www.chimaeric.com

This is the information I got from Inovativ regarding the baby pin pole:

Your comments below highlight what can often be a tough decision in the manufacturing process. Approximately 2 years ago, we were faced with the decision to increase the strength and reliability of the mast riser against an increase in weight. We had started to receive some complaints from customers that the baby pin adapter and mast riser were failing under certain conditions. This particularly compromised the ability of the system to be stable for heavier camera rigs, such as Steadicam. Ultimately, we decided that the most responsible course of action for us was to value the security of the camera systems over the lighter weight of the aluminum mast riser and baby pin adapter.
    The system we decided upon is a combination of both aluminum and steel. The outer mast is aluminum while the internal riser with pin is steel. We considered and tested the entire system in steel, but this would have added extra weight. We opted for the best of both worlds using lighter material where we could, heavier material where absolutely necessary. The move from aluminum to steel did also mean that the finish is different. The mast riser is an industry standard American Grip manufactured item and we have not received any complaints regarding the finish or the wear and tear thereof.

Just an update on my cart/situation. Cart arrived today. Totally gorgeous, unfortunately the base of one of the uprights is cracked in two. Other than that its great. I reached out to Inovativ via their web form for a replacement upright, so will update once I hear back on a resolution.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xoiwh0psqg...%20PM.png?dl=0

One thing I will re-iterate is that I hope future group buys are done through B&H or Markertek (which is employee owned). Dealing with Adorama has been torturous, and they have not only directly accused Inovativ of lying, but they have outright and repeatedly lied to me when I called about the status of my shipment, damage to accessories, etc. Not going to detail all the communications as at this point I just dont have the bandwidth to care right now.

Travis has obviously poured his heart into these group buys, and I am extremely grateful to him and to Inovativ for this one, and its a shame when these become time sucks for all involved because of a weak link in the chain.

Thank you, and hope everyone are enjoying their carts!

Any news as to when Axis will be available?

https://www.inovativ.com/axis/

Update on the broken part:

Initiated communication with Inovativ, they were super friendly and the guy I spoke with sent out a replacement part same day. Installed it two days ago, and cart is now Tres perf ^__^ Super happy right now with the quality of the cart itself, and with Inovativ's customer service interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by David Parrott View Post
    Update on the broken part:

Initiated communication with Inovativ, they were super friendly and the guy I spoke with sent out a replacement part same day. Installed it two days ago, and cart is now Tres perf ^__^ Super happy right now with the quality of the cart itself, and with Inovativ's customer service interaction.
    Great, thanks for the positive feedback!

TW
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Wears View Post
    Next batch is on it's way to Adorama this week. Expect an update soon.
    Any update? Thanks!