Thread: SmallHD Cine 7 - On-Camera Monitor with ARRI Camera Control (RED & Sony Coming Soon)

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It looks like the RED control on the Cine 7 will come in June.

Curious how it can finalize monitor to control ARRI or Red camera? Anyone can advise?

Quote Originally Posted by darren scott View Post
    Have you updated it to firmware 3.4.4 ...or is it already on that? In the notes it mentioned something about Arri control
    I upgraded to the latest firmware available from the ARRI website. they are trying to suggest its the cable they sent, but I had another ethernet cable and it still doesn't work. They offered to replace it, but they wont have replacements until end of may. The other functions on the monitor work, just not the arri control. Also the monitor gets EXTREMELY hot, which I don't know if that's normal or a defect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason beaumont View Post
    Also the monitor gets EXTREMELY hot, which I don't know if that's normal or a defect.
    Is this with the Teradek reciever or monitor only?

Good ol Vitec

We need more competition
    JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM

Just wanted to say my experience with the 702 touch. I used it on a 4 day shoot and it performed very well. The display is great. Love the colours it's putting out. Bright enough for Jamaican sun though the screen is glossy so it can be a little challenge sometimes. But that's not because of the brightness. Everyone really liked looking on it. Loving the OS3 pair with touch screen. Mine does have a dead pixel that I only see when focus assist is turned on. Maybe I'll return it and see if I get one without... Not sure yet. And yes it does get hot... But I think that's usual for smallhd monitors. My 702 bright gets hot I also I believe. All in all I'm really liking the monitor so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason beaumont View Post
    I upgraded to the latest firmware available from the ARRI website. they are trying to suggest its the cable they sent, but I had another ethernet cable and it still doesn't work. They offered to replace it, but they wont have replacements until end of may. The other functions on the monitor work, just not the arri control. Also the monitor gets EXTREMELY hot, which I don't know if that's normal or a defect.
    I meant the monitor firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    Is this with the Teradek reciever or monitor only?
    the regular one

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    It looks like the RED control on the Cine 7 will come in June.
    Does anyone know when RED control for Cine 7 will be available?

SmallHD will not let you return the Cine 7 for a replacement because of a dead pixel. It has to have 3 dead pixels to get a replacement under warranty...

So basically, a lot new Cine 7s come with dead pixels and SmallHD is fine with that... They give you a link to a potential fix to try. They really don't want to fix them at their factory before shipping I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by darren scott View Post
    Just wanted to say my experience with the 702 touch. I used it on a 4 day shoot and it performed very well. The display is great. Love the colours it's putting out. Bright enough for Jamaican sun though the screen is glossy so it can be a little challenge sometimes. But that's not because of the brightness. Everyone really liked looking on it. Loving the OS3 pair with touch screen. Mine does have a dead pixel that I only see when focus assist is turned on. Maybe I'll return it and see if I get one without... Not sure yet. And yes it does get hot... But I think that's usual for smallhd monitors. My 702 bright gets hot I also I believe. All in all I'm really liking the monitor so far.
    Red Epic-W Helium / Arri Alexa Mini & EV Packages.
    Zeiss Mark II Super Speeds T1.3 -- Kowa Anamorphics T2.3/2.8 -- Kowa Prominar Sphericals T2.3 -- Lomo Square Front Anamorphics T2.5 -- Cineovision Anamorphics T1.4 -- Cooke TLS S2/3 Speed Panchros T2.3 -- Lomo Standard Primes T2.3 -- Schneider 1950s Xenon T2.3 -- B&L Super Baltars T2.3 -- Zeiss Ultrascope Anamorphics T2.3
    Element-camera.com - Rentals in San Francisco