Thread: My biggest wish from Red or the team behind Revolva...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 My biggest wish from Red or the team behind Revolva... 
    A full coverage of Monstro of a new Revolva or red motion mount with variable NDs in EF, Leica M , SL, and PL flavours ! Also Nikon for my nikon friends!

Make it happen! Please!
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber

Agreed they need to implement it!
    The fact that RED is a cinema camera company (not eng) does't esclude the need to add nd filters in their bodies. Even the Alexa Mini LF has.
    As a C200 owner I'm in l ove with up to 10 stops of filters and I think that RED should go as high as their highlight rollof images perform better with high ISO

we're using the revolva on our Monstro and so far...no problems...but we only tested it with the sigma art lenses, till 20mm....the 14mm vignettes even without the revolva.
    Weapon CF Monstro #1119, Weapon Helium, Epic-X #7926 BAM, Raven #220

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Baulig View Post
    we're using the revolva on our Monstro and so far...no problems...but we only tested it with the sigma art lenses, till 20mm....the 14mm vignettes even without the revolva.
    What top plate are you using?
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

I'd actually prefer to see some form of official "speedbooster" that's compatible with both DSMC1 and 2, to be honest...

A NEW motion mount would be good but with a CLEAR setting so there's no stop loss. Don't care about global shutter or that stuff. Just want a good internal ND system.
    Movme inc.
    Red Epic-W s/n 4015, 8K Digital Cinema Camera
    MacBook Pro 6 core, FCP-X
    DJI Ronin, Ready Rig, Vaxis 500+, Tilta Nucleus-M, OSEE HSM-700, Dynacore Mini

I very much care about a global shutter so I would love to see a motion mount with a zero light loss setting. This should have been made years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Farokhzad View Post
    I very much care about a global shutter so I would love to see a motion mount with a zero light loss setting. This should have been made years ago.
    Have you seen a motion mount with "zero light loss" made by any manufacturer yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Abeynayake View Post
    Have you seen a motion mount with "zero light loss" made by any manufacturer yet?
    Sony Fs 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    Sony Fs 5?
    I guess you are NOT well versed in physics. NO glass filter on earth is a "zero light loss" optical apparatus.

Light that is incident on a glass surface will be reflected at an angle equal to the angle of incidence and transmitted according to Snell’s law. For normal incidence, approximately 4 % of the light is reflected; this value is determined by the refractive index of the glass.

The refractive index (n) of a material is defined as the ratio of the speed of light in a vacuum to that of light in the material.

Glass Refractive Index
    Light that is incident on a glass surface will be reflected at an angle equal to the angle of incidence and transmitted according to Snell’s law. For normal incidence, approximately 4 % of the light is reflected; this value is determined by the refractive index of the glass.

When a beam of light hits a glass surface, part of the beam is reflected and part is transmitted. The index of refraction of the glass determines not only how much light is reflected and transmitted, but also its refracted angle in the glass. The angle of transmission can be calculated using Snell’s law:

Snell’s law

Larger indices of refraction in glass result in greater differences between the angle of incidence and transmission of light. The reflection of light at the surface occurs due to an instantaneous change in refractive index between glass and its surrounding medium. For normal incidence (Θi = 0°), the amount of light reflected is found by

glass normal incidence of light

For most glasses with a refractive index of 1.5, reflection losses at the surface result in an approximate 4% decrease in light intensity.

Absorption

When light travels through a glass, the intensity of the light is typically reduced. This absorption happens when the energy of a photon of light matches the energy needed to excite an electron within the glass to its higher energy state, and the photon is absorbed by the glass.
    Last edited by Neil Abeynayake; 04-29-2019 at 04:29 PM.